Author Topic: Christmas in September, thanks Bob! YEW BOW FULL DRAW PICS UPLOADED!!!  (Read 6167 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
I have been working on some trades as of late. One with tracker for so modern recurves and some obsidian hunting points. And the other day I was looking for some snake skins and hunterbob offered to send me one. And every day I still hope that my trade bow will arrive.
Today when I got home from work I had a couple of packages waiting for me by my front door. A long package and a smaller one.  The smaller one was from tracker, I forgot that the two recurves were takedowns. Thanks man they are awesome!

The second package I noticed was from hunterbob. I thought for a second that it was an awful big box for a snake skin! So I got after the Fort Knox style tape job and when I got it open gold poured out of it!  :laugh: I actually had to sit down once the box opened up. Of course I noticed a long package inside all wrapped in paper, foam and another mile of tape. Then I noticed the snake skin which is beautiful and perfect! I couldn't wait any longer so I dove into unwrapping what I'm sure is a bow. Then there it was, a beautiful yew recurve made by hunterbob! I was shocked to say the least! I looked it over for a few minutes then strung it up. What a beaut! I gathered my glove, arrows and arm guard and to the target I went! I shot around 40 or so shots out of it and it shoots smooth and accurate. I absolutely love it! I also shot my other two recurves which shoot great!
 I came in the house and laid the yew bow on the open box when I realized that the box was full of leather! Bob, you completely outdid yourself and went over the top! You're the most giving person I know. You didn't have to do what you did sir!  But I will tell you this, that yew bow will be in the woods this fall for sure! Once again Bob, THANK YOU FROM THE BOTTOM OF MY HEART!
Here are a few pictures that I took. There not that great but I had to take a few.
Full draw in a couple of days.
Patrick

P.S. Thank you to all that helped Bob behind the scenes. You know who you are!  :laugh:

[/URL [URL=http://s1335.photobucket.com/user/lebhuntfish1/media/Mobile%20Uploads/2015-09/20150915_175306_zpsverpmit6.jpg.html]]
« Last Edit: September 16, 2015, 07:14:52 pm by lebhuntfish »
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Christmas in September, thanks Bob!
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 06:25:53 am »
Looks like beut of a snakeskin.
Leather swatches ..... almost makes me wish I was still workin' at my ole furniture company.  ::)
Congrats on the plethora of goods!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:32:29 am »
It was my pleasure Patrick. I hope the bow serves you well in the deer woods. I know the bow (fury) you made me is over the top . I can tell you poured your heart into the build. And this is my way of saying thank you. You deserve it after. Well you know why.
Thanks again patrick.
And knoll I work at a furniture store also . I am there upholster. 

blackhawk

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2015, 06:35:59 am »
Wow...lucky yew!!! Thats one of the nicest bows bobs made imo. Did ya try and count the rings on that thing? Good luck..lol.  :laugh:

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2015, 07:30:14 am »
Wow, you lucky dog!

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2015, 08:08:32 am »
Christmas in september indeed!
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2015, 09:15:38 am »
Thanks guy's, and thank you again Bob! I can't wait to get home tonight and shoot that yew again! Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Selfbowman

« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2015, 09:25:14 am »
That's cool for all of you. Arvin
Well I'll say!!  Osage is king!!

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2015, 09:51:48 am »
You deserve it Partick. Good things come to those who don't think of themselves first. I first learned of Bobs giving nature when he and Tyke traded some stuff last year. Thanks Bob for taking care of Patrick.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2015, 09:54:16 am »
Nice job guys! Killer bow Bob.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2015, 12:11:44 pm »
Don't you love it when Christmas comes early. Looks like Santa was good to you.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bubby

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2015, 04:21:56 pm »
Wow sweet bow bob Patrick congrats
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline hunterbob

« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2015, 04:41:00 pm »
Thanks for all the kind words.

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #13 on: September 16, 2015, 07:12:15 pm »
Ok fellas I finally got a chance to take some pictures of my new yew bow that Bob made for me. Hope I do it justice! Patrick

Offline Stixnstones

Re: Christmas in September, thanks Bob! YEW BOW FULL DRAW PICS UPLOADED!!!
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2015, 07:25:58 pm »
Wow, thats one dandy of a bow. Great work hunterbob and congrats to you Pat. Tou certainly deserve it.
DevilsBeachSelfbows