Author Topic: New Orleans  (Read 1492 times)

Offline RBLusthaus

New Orleans
« on: September 16, 2015, 04:48:10 pm »
Hi guys

I will be in New Orleans mid October and will have some free time.  Anything archery related around those parts that anyone might recommend?  Never been to that part of the country before.  I assume to far south for osage, right?  Also, if access is easy enough, any place where I could harvest some river cane or boo shafting materials?  If you guys don't come up with something for me to do, I may have to spend my free time drinking and eating.  I guess things could be worse. 

Russ   

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New Orleans
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2015, 05:38:23 pm »
Drinking and eating in NOLA ain't the worst thing you could do especially if you add music to the mix.     8)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2015, 06:16:22 pm »
Get in touch with (One one ninner) here or at Arrowheadology.
Can't loose anything but your money down on Bourbon St. >:D
You will be happy you did :)
Try John Besh's restaurant and watch some
Justin Wilson on You tube. :laugh:
Take a bus tour, they are great.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2015, 12:03:52 am »
The Marti Gras Museum and workshop is very cool. It is the collections of floats and where they build them. As a paper mache artist, my wife loved the place.   The WWII Museum is supposed to be very interesting but we didn't make it there although we did eat at John Besh's restaurant in the WWII Museum.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline RBLusthaus

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2015, 04:08:42 pm »
Thanks for the ideas.  I am going along as the eye candy on my wifes arm for her business trip.  There will be plenty of eating and drinking and museums, etc. for me.  I also have a day or two to myself, and in a perfect world, was hoping to find a nice day hike with great views of the area, do some birding, see the dike system, and possibly find and harvest some cane or boo or other wood I dont get much of up north (osage).  If I dont find something interesting, I will go fishing. 

So, does anyone know of a perfect hike for me that has a secret stash of cane growing somewhere that they are willing to share the location of?

Russ

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2015, 10:19:14 pm »
There is some river cane on the frontage road of I-10 in Gonzales, near the new Bass Pro Shop. The only wood I saw was White Mulberry.  You could get in touch with Keith Davis in Hammond, la, on the north shore of Lake Poncetrain. He builds bows and is a Lucifer for some Big name musicians from that part of the country, Neville Brothers come to mind.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline stickbender

« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2015, 12:00:31 am »

Eddie  He isn't a devil for some big named musicians, he is a "Luthier"  Ya dun got dat cajun mischief in yer mind now didn't ya boy!  Some mighty good eats there.  There was a mom and pop type place, in Baton Rouge, that sold live, or cooked crawfish, (mud bugs), and you could get all the fixens with them, as they were all cooked in the same pot.  Aww, man was that stuff good!
                                     Wayne