Author Topic: Popcorn!  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Ranasp

Popcorn!
« on: September 10, 2015, 12:27:26 am »
Every year I try to get a garden going, which usually ends up with it flying out of control by the end of summer.  This year was no exception, but I'm happy to say that I managed to only donate a quart of blood to the mosquitoes and harvested some popcorn!  The dark red one is called Fireside.  It's a bit of an oddball in that some ears will be that incredibly dark red color, some will be a bright yellow, and some will be a blend of the two which looks even better.  The other popcorn isn't actually ready yet, but a stalk broke so I ripped open the ear to see how my Glass Gem was doing.  It's really neat!  There's green, purple, pink, yellow, blue and shades in between.  It's more of a pastel color since it's not properly ripe and dried, but it's really making me look forward to when the rest of it is ready to pick! 

Offline chamookman

Re: Popcorn!
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2015, 03:49:08 am »
Nice ! Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2015, 07:07:34 am »
yum yum, looks good enough to eat! Popcorn is my fav snack.
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Zuma

« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2015, 10:31:49 am »
Cool, Neat how the pastel colored
kernels are all different shapes too.
Could make POP art. >:D
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Ranasp

« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2015, 10:57:22 am »
-_-  How very punny of you.  I bet you twist many an ear with your corny jokes. 

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2015, 10:58:51 am »
One of the lessons my Grandpa taught me. Nothing like fresh popcorn!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Zuma

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2015, 09:05:45 pm »
-_-  How very punny of you.  I bet you twist many an ear with your corny jokes.

Tye Cobb says there is not a kernel of truth to your crowing. >:(
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.