Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Bow designs for cleaner arrow flight

<< < (2/5) > >>

Badger:
  Yes two under 1 over, I have tried the pinch grip but can't manage 50# with it.  I am starting wonder now what type of releases were used prior to about 1950.

willie:
In th opening post I read.....

--- Quote ---clean arrows comming out of the bow

clean arrow releases

cleanest flight in practice
--- End quote ---

Badger

Do we need a better word or phrase to describe what you are suggesting here?  I thought that the point you were making in the opening post was about how various limb types,and the way they tend to return home, may affect the arrow differently, at the moment the nock leaves the string. All other factors being equal of course. I am afraid that my using the term "clean release" has been confusing and I apologize. perhaps "release" should be left to talk about the loosing of the string,

unnocking? denocking? sorry if I am not very well versed in flight shooting terms

willie

Badger:
  Willie, I was making the point you suggested in the opening post but I am all over the place on this issue. One day I am looking at the arrow pass, next day the method or release, next day something else. I really haven't come up with any way to resolve it yet. The flight arrows break so easily when shot into targets that too much time goes into making sacrificial arrows for tuning purposes and sometimes nothing is resolved. I need better methods here. I wish I had access to a slow motion camera. I am wondering if flu flu's on flight arrows might help with the coming out of the bow tuning. I doubt a flight arrow would fly over 40 yards with a flu flu type fletching.

willie:
Badger-

so you would spend more time testing if you could shoot your flight arrows in the backyard?

How much range do you have to work with?

willie

JoJoDapyro:
Perhaps light weight carbons?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version