Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Bow designs for cleaner arrow flight

<< < (3/5) > >>

Badger:

--- Quote from: willie on October 15, 2015, 03:43:53 pm ---Badger-

so you would spend more time testing if you could shoot your flight arrows in the backyard?

How much range do you have to work with?

willie

--- End quote ---

I have to drive a couple of hundred miles for a full sized flight range, I can find a place for 200 yard shots within 1/2 hour of my house. Obly 15 yards in my backyard.

willie:
Badger

I have had good luck with soft snow as a backstop. I know  you don't have a lot of that stuff where you are, but for the backyard maybe a target box with something of that consistency?

as for the camera, wasn't there a thread about home brewed high speed photography recently?? maybe with a "sound trigger"?

willie

Badger:
  Willie, I have a friend who says he can do something with strobe lights not sure how well that would work, I checked with a studio one time that did high speed work and they wanted something like $5,000 for a session. I have my eyes out for guys who just like to do it. I will buy a plane ticket if I find someone but thats about my limit.

JoJoDapyro:

--- Quote from: Badger on October 15, 2015, 05:58:03 pm ---  Willie, I have a friend who says he can do something with strobe lights not sure how well that would work, I checked with a studio one time that did high speed work and they wanted something like $5,000 for a session. I have my eyes out for guys who just like to do it. I will buy a plane ticket if I find someone but thats about my limit.

--- End quote ---

I'll talk to my friend who is a professor at Utah State university. Next time you are around Utah maybe he can help you out. Here is a link to his videos.

http://www.splashlab.org/

Badger:

--- Quote from: JoJoDapyro on October 16, 2015, 05:53:24 pm ---
--- Quote from: Badger on October 15, 2015, 05:58:03 pm ---  Willie, I have a friend who says he can do something with strobe lights not sure how well that would work, I checked with a studio one time that did high speed work and they wanted something like $5,000 for a session. I have my eyes out for guys who just like to do it. I will buy a plane ticket if I find someone but thats about my limit.

--- End quote ---

I'll talk to my friend who is a professor at Utah State university. Next time you are around Utah maybe he can help you out. Here is a link to his videos.

http://www.splashlab.org/

Jo, that would be fantastic, I would happily make a special trip for that

--- End quote ---

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version