Author Topic: Chris Cade's cane arrow article  (Read 5757 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Chris Cade's cane arrow article
« on: March 30, 2008, 02:46:15 pm »
A few days ago I received my winter edition of The Bowyers Journal(takes them longer than PA to get here ;D) and read part one of Chris' article with interest. It is a good read and very informative for anyone interested in making their own cane arrows. Chris gives info about the correct nomenclature of the "cane" plant and its growing habits as well as the varieties he prefers for arrows.
Well done Chris. I guess it will be a long wait for part 2 to show up at my door but I am looking forward to reading about the "how to" of making cane arrows.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline recurve shooter

Re: Chris Cade's cane arrow article
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 11:13:08 pm »
can i get that mag in louisiana? if so, how?
lets just shoot it

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2008, 01:09:57 am »
  Guess I need to find a copy. I've heard about it for awhile.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2008, 02:15:38 am »
Recurve, e-mail editor@bowyersjournal and ask Bryan. ;) I have a subscription.      Pat
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2008, 03:01:24 am »
Heck Pat, I wonder if my subscription expired. I just realized I haven't seen it in a while.  ??? Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2008, 03:13:20 am »
My winter 2008 came on Friday.  I was beginning to wonder also.    See what happens when Chris tries to be an author instead of being the teacher he is. The whole US postal Service comes to a stand still.  ;D 
     Pat

Offline DanaM

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2008, 09:45:28 am »
Heck Pat, I wonder if my subscription expired. I just realized I haven't seen it in a while.  ??? Justin

Same here, needless to say I won't renew it.
"Prosperity is a way of living and thinking, and not just money or things. Poverty is a way of living and thinking, and not just a lack of money or things."

Manistique, MI

Offline Mechslasher

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2008, 02:47:56 pm »
thanks pat!  i researched on that article for almost a year.  as to the magazine, from what i've heard brian has had some major problems with his print contractor.  apparently his first contractor went belly up and it took a while to find another.  brian is now back on track and hopefully get subscriptions straightened out.
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money." 

G. Gordon Liddy

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2008, 10:31:44 pm »
That article was great, The pics of the boo looked exactly like the stuff I just "found".
Traverse City, MI

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2008, 02:38:43 am »
  I did read the first draft. And it is the most informative article I've ever read on making cane arrows.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: April 01, 2008, 02:42:56 am »
I read the first draft at the camp-o-rama last year.  I do better with pics. ;D    Pat

Offline TRACY

« Reply #11 on: April 01, 2008, 08:02:17 am »
Sounds like a great article, wish I'd get my copy in the mail soon. I also thought that my subscription might of lapsed but it hasn't. I know that the business is either sold or being sold and not sure if that has anything to do with it or not. I'll wait patiently.
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956