Author Topic: Happy Day!  (Read 2551 times)

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Happy Day!
« on: August 28, 2015, 01:50:59 pm »
A 10 x 20 strip of floor space in our attached garage has been my "shop". The Wife today surveyed the dust/shavings that have slowly accumulated in/on all the cracks, crevices, lawn tools, storage containers, etc. 
She's a clean freak.
The words I've been waiting to hear came from her mouth, "You need a shed, dear."

HAPPY DAY!!   :)   ;D   :laugh:
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: Happy Day!
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 02:08:27 pm »
Bingo! Way to make a good mess Mike!
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline DC

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2015, 02:13:25 pm »
And women think men aren't subtle ;D

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2015, 02:40:45 pm »
Nice work letting her think it was her idea.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2015, 03:16:37 pm »
Had to quickly turn opposite direction as  screamed (under my breath), "YESSSS!"
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2015, 09:06:59 am »
At first I worked in a 5X7' corner of the garage,yellow shavings and dust were common place in the house, much to my wife's dismay.

We moved to a bigger house in the country with a basement. The basement became my shop, yellow shavings and dust migrated into the house, much to my wife's dismay.

I finally built a real shop dedicated to bow making, dust and yellow shavings clung to my clothes and still found their way into the house, much to my wife's dismay.

It is great to have a real shop but chances are wifie will still get on you for the migrating dust and shavings that find their way into the house.

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2015, 09:23:06 am »
A 10 x 20 strip of floor space in our attached garage has been my "shop". The Wife today surveyed the dust/shavings that have slowly accumulated in/on all the cracks, crevices, lawn tools, storage containers, etc. 
She's a clean freak.
The words I've been waiting to hear came from her mouth, "You need a shed, dear."

HAPPY DAY!!   :)   ;D   :laugh:

A shed is not what you need.  You need a SHOP
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Aaron H

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2015, 11:17:46 am »
I think a 30' x 50' shed would do him just fine Marc

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2015, 02:31:15 pm »
Are you sure she did not say you needed to be taken behind the shed?
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2015, 03:12:02 pm »
To Carol, the structure will likely be referred to as "the shed". To me, "heaven".   :laugh:

Now I need to get busy determining what size footprint will work and estimating a budget.

Offline JonW

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2015, 06:38:53 pm »
Make sure you factor in the space for the broken bows recepticle ;) You know what I'm talking about right?

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
« Reply #11 on: August 30, 2015, 08:27:59 pm »
 >:D

Offline bubby

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:02 pm »
Make sure you factor in the space for the broken bows recepticle ;) You know what I'm talking about right?

Jon isn't that called, the stove
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2015, 11:16:50 pm »
Bubby, that is called the corner of shame. Then comes the stove...or atlatls.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC