Author Topic: What Would You Do  (Read 4685 times)

Offline sleek

Re: What Would You Do
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2015, 12:36:14 pm »
As long as what you do doesn't leave you with regrets later on
That is the position I found myself in. I know who took my gun, and it makes me sick to think that they would do me like that. But in the end I know that I won't allow that person to be in a position to do it again. I hope it all works out!

Im the type that would gather every thing I could that makes me think they have it. Then if it really was provable,  call them out on it. Alone first but if that didnt work, to other members.  I have a rough family and maybe thats why I think like I do, but I dont need them and have dis owned my own mother, along with several grandparents.  if you dont need that person in your life, and you have more than a suspicion, id go on it.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2015, 12:41:12 pm »
It is a tough one to call anyone out. If you have ever been falsely accused of something it sucks. To some, family is all there is. I didn't talk to my mother for a lot of years, and in the end it wasn't worth it. As stated before, do what makes you feel good about it. I wouldn't rock the boat, if they are dirty enough to steal, they are dirty enough to lie about it!
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline JW_Halverson

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2015, 10:30:53 pm »
Here's a good reason for everyone to spend this weekend doing an inventory of your guns.  Write down the make, model, serial numbers, condition, and identifying marks and customizations.  Keep a copy for yourself and give another copy to your legal representation, trusted friend or family member, or in a safety deposit box.  My good friend, Maggie, holds the copy of my inventory.  My insurance agent holds the other copy (when I added up what I paid for them, I was shocked.  Shocked enough to add them to my insurance!)

Sadly, someone set wheels in motion that will have sad repercussions for the whole family.  Suspicion will eat at everyone from now on.  I am so sorry for you and your family.
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2015, 11:33:20 pm »
I wish I would have done like JW said & wrote the # down this gun was beautiful & shot dang good also. As far as him forgetting for the past 3 years his mind hasn't been good he'll start yelling for my grandmother & she's been gone for over 20 years the other night when my wife spent the night she come home the next morning & told me pap was yelling up the stairs for me to get out of bed so him & I could go milk the cows at 2 in the morning.

Offline sleek

« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2015, 12:00:54 am »
Sounds like he hasnt lost his motivation.  I admire him for that!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline Spotted Dog

« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2015, 01:48:16 pm »
I understand the heart ache that goes with this. My dads 1911 went missing years ago. The uncle who took it pasted away
and no one knows where the gun went.
Rob, where did your grandfather serve?  Mine hit the beaches of Normandy. A tank commander in the 3rd armored division
of the first army called SPEARHEAD.  Still living but in a veterans home. Purple heart and 4 bronze stars.

Dan
A three strand cord is not easily broken. Ecc.4:12