Author Topic: Introducing "The Fury" pic heavy (all photos uploaded)  (Read 19617 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Introducing "The Fury" pic heavy (all photos uploaded)
« Reply #90 on: July 25, 2024, 04:10:08 am »
I know this is a really old post but I would like to bring it back to life.

Not for more "pats on the back" but to show the newer bunch of bowers what can be done. This was, to date, the most unruly stave I have ever worked.
This shows that even the wildest piece of wood can be made indo a bow.

I was told once by a wise man here on PA, "nobody told you that you couldn't and look what you did!"  RIP Jawg...

Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #91 on: July 25, 2024, 08:52:22 am »
Yep remember that one, beautiful job and glad to see ya back !!! amazing what a guy can do with a nasty piece of wood if he will give it a try and lots of patience and TLC.
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #92 on: July 25, 2024, 09:55:58 am »
Good to see you again on PA, Patrick. Thanks for bringing this build back so folks can see how an iffy stave can become a beautiful, well tillered bow. Hopefully this will give folks the courage to try a difficult stave they have been putting off. This post reminds me how great PA was back in 2015(Photobucket for gosh sake), how everyone was willing to share their knowledge and their experiences to help others become successful wood bow builders.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #93 on: July 25, 2024, 10:06:58 am »
Thanks guys, you are right, definitely the good ol day of PA.

I've been lurking in the background for a while and decided that with all of the knowledge I have gained over the years, and with some age, that this new generation of bowyers could use some inspiration.
I know that if it wasn't for PA and bowyers like you guys and several others I wouldn't be the bowyer I am today. And maybe even the person I am.
I'm glad to be back and looking forward to seeing all of the newbies!

Patrick

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline superdav95

« Reply #94 on: July 25, 2024, 12:27:33 pm »
This bow is very nice indeed.  well done.  This was before my time on here on pa.  glad you reposted this one.  love the profile of this bow too.  Ive got a stave that has a similar style waiting for it.  this gives me some ideas and hope for it.  thanks again.
Sticks and stones and other poky stabby things.

superdav95@gmail.com

Online bjrogg

• Cedar Pond
« Reply #95 on: July 25, 2024, 02:33:07 pm »
Great to see you here Patrick.

Heck that looks like a primo stave there.lol. It seems like that’s all I ever come across.

Bjrogg
A hot cup of coffee and a beautiful sunrise

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #96 on: July 25, 2024, 05:02:29 pm »
This bow is very nice indeed.  well done.  This was before my time on here on pa.  glad you reposted this one.  love the profile of this bow too.  Ive got a stave that has a similar style waiting for it.  this gives me some ideas and hope for it.  thanks again.

This is exactly why I dug this one up! Good luck Dave post pics of your progress!

Patrick

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #97 on: July 25, 2024, 05:05:31 pm »
Great to see you here Patrick.

Heck that looks like a primo stave there.lol. It seems like that’s all I ever come across.

Bjrogg

Good to see you to BJ! I'm hoping to stay around for a while!
I know what you mean about the staves, I have worked a bunch of them like that one. But not quite as crooked! This is the reason my signature says what it says!

Patrick

Online sleek

« Reply #98 on: July 26, 2024, 03:04:51 am »
9 years later.....Damn man, when you said wait, you really meant to wait! I think the carrier pigeon got lost. Or did you send it via swallow? Must have been a European swallow. It would never make it. An African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow.
So, whens it get to my house Pat?

Just keep waiting my friend!  >:D

You sure did a good job finishing that one up Patrick. Something to be proud of.

Thanks John, and thanks for your advice at mojam as well! I'm very proud of this one.

Thanks Clint!
Patrick
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline medicinewheel

« Reply #99 on: July 26, 2024, 04:33:52 am »
Fantastic profile unbraced, braced, full draw!
Frank from Germany...

Offline lebhuntfish

« Reply #100 on: July 26, 2024, 12:37:34 pm »
9 years later.....Damn man, when you said wait, you really meant to wait! I think the carrier pigeon got lost. Or did you send it via swallow? Must have been a European swallow. It would never make it. An African swallow maybe, but not a European swallow.
So, whens it get to my house Pat?

Just keep waiting my friend!  >:D

You sure did a good job finishing that one up Patrick. Something to be proud of.

Thanks John, and thanks for your advice at mojam as well! I'm very proud of this one.

Thanks Clint!
Patrick

I believe it was Hummingbird carrier service bud!
I think your nomadic type movement caused it to be delivered to the wrong address! 😂 😂 😂

Patrick