Author Topic: place to post received trade bows  (Read 14740 times)

Offline J05H

Re: place to post received trade bows
« Reply #45 on: August 25, 2015, 03:23:01 pm »
Ok guys, I know you think I forgot, but I'm finally gonna post pics of the killer bow I got from JonW. This bow is amazing! It has so much power and its dead in the hand. I think I'm gonna call it "Symmetry" 'cause of the beautiful tiller of course, but also because it weighs in at 82# @ 28" (according to my scale). It absolutely buries an arrow in my target. I'll probably take it hunting this year instead of my usual. Anyway, here are the pics, and sorry it took so long Jon.

If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #46 on: August 25, 2015, 04:17:31 pm »
That sure is a bad @$$ bow! I had the opportunity to shoot this bow. It is exactly what Josh says it is. Dead in the hand and hard hitting! It's a very elegant and simple design but it's one mean dude! The tiller looks as perfect as it can get to. Very nice and we'll done JohnW! Congrats to Josh, hope you are able to take a deer with that one. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Onebowonder

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 05:05:27 pm »
<snip>...hope you are able to take a deer with that one. Patrick
Take a deer?  Heck, at 82 pounds draw weight it ought to be able to drop the deer, skin it, butcher the meat, grind up the burger bits, and carry it out of the field back to your truck!  'Cause goodness knows you ain't gonna have enough UMPH left to do all that part after drawing that beast back a few times!   >:D :laugh: :) ;) ;D 8) :o

OneBow

Offline alwayslookin

« Reply #48 on: August 25, 2015, 06:46:07 pm »
82 pounds? Wow nice work. Deer beware.. if you have two right next to each other bet you can get both with one shot.
In all your ways acknowledge  him and he will make your paths straight.

Offline JonW

« Reply #49 on: August 25, 2015, 07:44:28 pm »
I must be stronger than I thought. OMG!! I thought it was around 65#. No wonder it was tough to get a string on. Dude I gotta get a new scale. I haven't used a scale in prolly a year. I'm glad you think so much of it Josh. ( you can tell me if you feel like cussing me man) :)

Offline sleek

« Reply #50 on: August 25, 2015, 07:56:25 pm »
I'll cuss ya! Where the fudge is mine?!
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline tattoo dave

• Rockford, MI
« Reply #51 on: August 25, 2015, 10:14:12 pm »
Well, I'm finally getting around to posting the bow I received from Bruce,(blaflair). It's a trilam, with a 4th power lam. Bamboo backed, my favorite! Not sure what the other lams are. I love this bow, it shoots great! It'll be in the woods come october. Thanks again Bruce!

Tattoo Dave
Rockford, MI

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #52 on: August 25, 2015, 10:42:58 pm »
Here is my bow finally

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #53 on: August 25, 2015, 11:21:19 pm »
Glad ya like it Dave, it's boo, ipe, and yew. Quilted maple power lam. I'm not one to doll a bow up too much. But I wanted to break up the solid boo back. So I opted to paint. Hope she serves ya well
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #54 on: August 25, 2015, 11:29:57 pm »
Blaflair, that sure is one nice lam bow. I've really got got into bendy handles lately.

Steelslinger, that is a beautiful piece of wood! I love it! How's it shoot?
Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #55 on: August 26, 2015, 12:14:44 am »
Steelslinger, it is good to see that bow again and see it made it in one piece, despite the UPS handling (I swear I taped the heck out of the ends, but apparently it still broke open.  Did the fur silencers manage to dampen the twang of the string?  That was my biggest concern when I sent it.

Offline sleek

« Reply #56 on: August 26, 2015, 12:16:48 am »
Jeff, I like tje way you did your fades on that bow. Ima havta copy that oneday...
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #57 on: August 26, 2015, 12:25:52 am »
Sleek, thank you for the kind words.  I have always liked Simson's bows from Bavaria, and I was imitating his style a little.  Plus the wood just wanted to go that way with the planes and sharp lines.  I wanted the tips to echo that a little too.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2015, 01:03:40 am by jeffp51 »

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #58 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:43 am »
 It shoots flat and draws nice and smooth. The silencers did help quite a bit. I am still trying to find some arrows that will shoot great out of it. Every thing i have is 65 or heavier.   I will have to buy some shafts  when I get some more cash.

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #59 on: August 28, 2015, 12:09:58 am »
When Mike said this bow was headed to a target shooter, I started to get my hopes up.  This was definitely on my drool list.  I like that it is a style I wouldn't likely do for myself--since I don't have the tools to do a laminated bow.  The glue lines are flawless, and it shoots as well as I am able to.  (My next project is going to have be creating better matched arrows and improving my shot.) It's a beautiful bow.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2015, 12:13:48 am by jeffp51 »