Author Topic: New project  (Read 13228 times)

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: New project
« Reply #45 on: August 15, 2015, 05:53:39 pm »
Loope, I haven't decided about a string or not yet. That will be near the end of the project. I still have to get the hands and arms right then the head and the legs and feet. It is a pretty slow process just waiting for glue to dry. Once I get all that right I'll start on the buckskins and ornamentation.
I've been working on it a little each day but not much visual change so I won't bore y'all with more pics until there are more obvious changes.
  Thanks Rich. Coming from you is quite a compliment.  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2015, 03:08:53 pm »
Been too busy with real estate to do more on this little project but hopefully will get back at it soon.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Zuma

« Reply #47 on: August 25, 2015, 11:36:01 pm »
I think we should start bidding now.
Sorta like the stock market as you either
up scale or there is a hostile takeover. >:D
No matter, I want a shot at the art work.
Good stuff Pat.
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #48 on: August 28, 2015, 12:36:34 am »
Thanks Zuma. I have it sitting where I can look at it and study the stance, head and arm positions, etc. I sometimes will twist or squeeze different areas to get the right attitude. Any distortions in the form will be covered when the cloths are draped over it.

Stringman

« Reply #49 on: August 28, 2015, 09:29:18 am »
That's looking real sharp, Pat! Am enjoying watching it come along.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #50 on: October 05, 2015, 12:18:41 pm »
I've done a little more work on my figure. Its slow work and I'm even slower doing it  ::)  but he's coming along nicely. Here are a few update pics...

Note the sunlight! that's a first in almost 2 weeks. Good to see and feel it again.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #51 on: October 05, 2015, 12:27:01 pm »
That's looking good Pat.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #52 on: October 05, 2015, 07:47:30 pm »
Looks great.....wish I had that good looking form..
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #53 on: October 05, 2015, 10:49:27 pm »
Thanks guys. It is a slow process for me but I should have him ready by the Classic 2016.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #54 on: October 06, 2015, 04:49:02 am »
He is coming along nicely Pat. You guys amaze me sometime with the stuff you can do. :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Zuma

« Reply #55 on: October 06, 2015, 05:38:43 am »
Slick shooter. Looks like he has the daily weather report
 on his left bicep?  I guess that helps with humidity, pressure
 and windage. >:D
Zuma
If you are a good detective the past is at your feet. The future belongs to Faith.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #56 on: October 06, 2015, 07:34:15 am »
I am glad to see you got out on the deck. We had some sun today and I actually cut some grass. I have heard from two of my buddies in Columbia so far and they are good. They have power and water. Lots of roads closed and more everyday so it is difficult to get around. Should start getting better now. Our tent camp in Rembert probably took a hit but it was on high ground. I will get down there in a couple weeks.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #57 on: October 25, 2015, 03:02:49 pm »
Here is an update. I had originally planned to do this guy in all paper mache but after some more thought I decided to do just him in paper mache and make his cloths, etc. with brain tanned leather and other materials I could come up with. nclonghunter(Lyman) sent me some scraps of brain tanned leather(thanks again Lyman) so here is a peek at his initial fitting...

Offline bubby

« Reply #58 on: October 25, 2015, 03:26:25 pm »
That's too cool Pat, but he is getting feet right😈
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2015, 03:41:55 pm »
Yeah, he'll have feet...and hair and leggings and a breech cloth and anything else I can think of. He is just temporarily removable from the stand now to work on him.   I have a twisted sinew bow string and the fletching is real, cut down turkey feathers. The arrowheads and hawk are paper mache, arrows are bamboo skewers and the hawk handle is hill cane. His neck knife is made from rawhide but I may make a bone knife instead.
 Here is another pic I forgot to post showing the hawk tucked in the braded hemp belt.