Author Topic: bowstring  (Read 3535 times)

Offline Dlamb

bowstring
« on: February 06, 2008, 08:21:53 pm »
im trying to order some string from bowstick.com to make my own string
this willl be my first attempt to make a string and i need to know if i should order 1mm or 2mm string
thanks  Daniel

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
Re: bowstring
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2008, 08:35:35 pm »
Neither, that isn't string making material. It is 1/16"-1/8" decorative wrap. Go to 3 rivers and look at the string making material.  http://www.3riversarchery.com/Thumb.asp?c=40&s=78&p=0  Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Coo-wah-chobee

« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2008, 08:37:12 pm »
 Or ifn ya want linen I will e=mail or PM ya the site ta look at. Dont think they are advertisers here.....bob

Offline Dlamb

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2008, 08:38:19 pm »
wow do i feel silly thanks for clearing that up

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2008, 08:41:08 pm »
wow do i feel silly thanks for clearing that up
No, how are you supposed to know if you haven't done it before.  Beside, if you find string on a bow site you would naturally think it is string for making strings.  I don't see that they even sell any or you would have figured it out. Justin
Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you made a bad decision.

SW Utah

Offline Wulamoc

« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2008, 08:59:30 pm »
Justin is right.  3 Rivers has been responsive and accurate in my few dealings with them.  Wells
And God was with the lad; and he grew, and dwelt in the wilderness, and became an archer. GEN-21:20

Michigan

Offline ricktrojanowski

• Worlds Greatest Deer Repellent
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2008, 12:23:21 am »
I got my string materials from 3 R, but found instructions online for making the jig.  It was pretty simple and saved me some $$.  It was a while ago and don't rememeber where I found it,but I think I googled Flemish String Making.
Traverse City, MI

Offline Justin Snyder

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2008, 12:35:11 am »
Here is  the best site I have seen for a flemish string how to. http://www.geocities.com/salampsio/flemish1.htm  Tells how to make the jig and everything. Justin

SW Utah

Offline TRACY

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 10:11:26 am »
If your a visual learner like myself I would suggest a DVD titled "Doing the Twist". It helped me learn faster than reading about how to do it. You can find it at most traditional suppliers for about $20. Good luck and be patient
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

Offline Dlamb

« Reply #9 on: February 08, 2008, 12:03:47 am »
thats the plans i was looking at for making my string Justin thanks all for the suggestions