Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

new horn bow

<< < (9/9)

BowEd:
Great job Bub....A real bute.Done a few of those myself here.Usually stiff handled bows.Usually takes me 2.5 to 3 months to finish one like that,but they'll be around a long time.Lots of reflex.They do hit hard for sure,and you bet it's nice to use a stringer....lol.I did'nt catch the length on that one.Surprisingly they do come in mass weighing under the standard mass weight for their length.

bubby:
Broken arrow its gemsbok horn and the only problem with it that i can figure out is it is narrower than waterbuff horn so you are limited on that

Thanks Ed, i think it's 46" ttt and i think all packaged up it only weighed 14oz

BowEd:
Yea that's nice Bub.I just mentioned that because I've heard it conjectured that because of the composite materials people can think they weigh more that a wood alone bow.Not trying to start a controversy here.It's just a fact I've seen for myself first hand.

JW_Halverson:
Guess that answers as to whether a horn/wood/sinew bow can be made without being bent like a crab when it is unstrung.  That thing is crazy sexy.  Bet it has a sting, too....not just pretty! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version