Author Topic: Another Project  (Read 1762 times)

Offline RyanR

Another Project
« on: July 08, 2015, 07:48:55 pm »
I have been looking at everyone's projects they have been working on so I thought I would share my most recent.
It started out as a spinning rod back in 1999 that I had a guy build out of a 8ft 4wt St Croix fly rod blank.  I had it built for brook trout.  Over the last few years I havent used it and have been wanting a good fly rod.  I decided to strip it down and tie it into a fly rod (what the blank had originally been intended for) rather than fork out a bunch of $$ for a new rod.  So far I have caught a bunch of bluegill, rock bass and a brown trout. 

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Another Project
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2015, 08:00:11 pm »
Looks good!  'Gills on fly rod are buncha fun!!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2015, 08:11:18 pm »
LOVE the wrap color man, love it. I bet that baby has a nice slow action that lays em' right out there. Nice work Ryguy.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline RyanR

« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2015, 08:25:27 pm »
LOVE the wrap color man, love it. I bet that baby has a nice slow action that lays em' right out there. Nice work Ryguy.
It is a nice slow action but, it doesn't lay them out there very well in my hands....I need some practice.  :laugh:

Offline Danzn Bar

« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2015, 08:38:41 pm »
Nice looking work Ryan.....I really enjoyed the time when I was building custom rods.  I've recondition two 1940's bamboo fly rods and one boo spinning rod.  There hanging on the wall in some of my FD bow pic's.  There just to cool to use everyday, but I have used them some.
Again nice job
DBar
Integrity is doing the right thing when no one is looking

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2015, 09:23:05 pm »
Nice looking fishin' pole Ryan.  I need to give fly fishing a try.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 07:54:43 am »
Fly fishing and primitive archery is like peanut butter and chocolate to me :)

Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.