Author Topic: the woodsmen history channel  (Read 9067 times)

Offline jkyarcher

the woodsmen history channel
« on: June 29, 2015, 11:19:56 pm »
Has anyone else seen the newest history channel show the woodsmen? I thought this looked interesting from the commercials showing people
living out in the wood but its most recent episode seemed so full of you know what..

One of the characters on the show had some metal bow with springs and some raggedy arrows with lead arrowheads and supposedly shot a deer with it.
Did anyone else see this and also feel it is fake. I'm definitely not an expert but this show just seems so fake. I just can't see soft lead arrowheads penetrating
very well.

Also in the hunting scene he sees a deer runs towards it jumps behind a tree and shoots. 

Well just wondering if anyone else saw this and what your thoughts were on it.   

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: the woodsmen history channel
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 11:22:43 pm »
I watched parts of it last night. It was somewhat entertaining but that's about all I can say about it.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline chamookman

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2015, 04:50:26 am »
Watched a few minutes of it - wasn't impressed at all, pretty much sucked. Bob
"May the Gods give Us the strength to draw the string to the cheek, the arrow to the barb and loose the flying shaft, so long as life may last." Saxon Pope - 1923.

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 06:54:37 am »
Watched a few minutes of it - wasn't impressed at all, pretty much sucked. Bob

Ill second that Bobbo
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline JEB

« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 07:11:23 am »
Not sure if it is the same show but is this where several guys were located around 5 miles apart and the contest is to see who can stay out longest.  If so there is a guy that posts on another primitive site that was on the show.  He is limited on what he can disclose because the show is still on the air but did post that is was rough going at times.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2015, 08:07:33 am »
That's a totally different show Jeb.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JEB

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2015, 08:22:06 am »
Thanks, wife and I watched the first show that I wrote on and the contestants could bring 10 items with them to survive with and I think most brought archery equipment to hunt with. We are not much for reality shows but like to watch the history channel when it is about history and we stumbled on to this show.

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2015, 08:32:11 am »
I think that show is called Alone. 
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline JEB

« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2015, 08:40:54 am »
It is called Alone.  I went to other primitive forum  that has two of the contestants on the Alone show that posts on the forum.  They are on Vancouver Island with ten items not counting their clothing. No camera crew or TV staff.  They have to film themselves everyday as they build shelter, find water and  hunt for food.

One of the guys that posts could share limited info but did post that they are completely alone.  Last man standing gets a half a million dollars.

Offline jkyarcher

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2015, 12:05:56 pm »
Yeah the alone show isn't too bad so far but

The woodsmen show hunting scene was just so incredibly fake and disappointing

Offline DC

« Reply #10 on: June 30, 2015, 12:19:09 pm »
The guys on "Alone" are about 130 miles NW of me. Thick tough country. I think the beach would be their source of food.

Offline Trapper Rob

« Reply #11 on: June 30, 2015, 01:22:12 pm »
Watched some of it the other night seems fake.

Offline agd68

« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2015, 08:12:54 am »
I think your right. The first guy who quit in the first episode was visited by bears in the night. The tent shelter he was shown in was not the one he was shown building earlier.
Happiness is..
A wet lab, dirty gun, and a cold beer after a day on the Marsh

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #13 on: July 01, 2015, 09:17:28 am »
The Woodsmen Show.....  Did you see their "Bighorn Sheep"????????

David Key / N.W. Alabama

Offline sleek

« Reply #14 on: July 01, 2015, 10:12:43 am »
I want on the show alone....  I dont know how to get on it or if they do another show but I want on it. Any chance on letting in on who it was and what other primitive site they are on who already did the show?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others