Author Topic: Red Oak Pyramid Bow  (Read 1813 times)

Offline CodyPost

Red Oak Pyramid Bow
« on: June 27, 2015, 11:40:22 pm »
I Found a nice straight grained red oak 1x3 in my shop that I had bought last year and forgot I had. So I decided id make a pyramid bow out of it I started on it yesterday. I will post some pics of the progress.
In the beginning God gave man two ends, one to sit on and one to think with. Ever since that moment mans success has been dependent upon the one he used most.

Offline Knoll

• Mikey
Re: Red Oak Pyramid Bow
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 11:44:21 pm »
Will be looking for the pics.  Good luck!
... alone in distant woods or fields, in unpretending sproutlands or pastures tracked by rabbits, even in a bleak and, to most, cheerless day .... .  I suppose that this value, in my case, is equivalent to what others get by churchgoing & prayer.  Hank Thoreau, 1857

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 11:56:38 pm »
Riser glued up and limbs tapered
In the beginning God gave man two ends, one to sit on and one to think with. Ever since that moment mans success has been dependent upon the one he used most.

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2015, 12:04:25 am »
Riser roughted out and limbs cut to 3/8 thick

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 12:14:47 am »
I finished tillering this afternoon that hinge gave me the blues for a while but I finally got it straightened out. The bow is pulling 46 lbs at 28". I put about 50 arrows through it and it shoots pretty good.i will get some full draw pics on here as soon as I can get the wife to take em.

Offline CodyPost

« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2015, 12:39:15 am »
This was my first pyramid bow. Probably wont be my last

Offline bubby

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2015, 01:38:41 am »
They make good shooters pyramid bows
Can't wait to see her dressed up
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bushboy

« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2015, 09:51:37 am »
Looking good! 8)
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.