Author Topic: weigh in on the debate please  (Read 1350 times)

Offline jayman448

weigh in on the debate please
« on: June 26, 2015, 11:23:43 pm »
Me and a buddy are at a stand still regarding the folowing: i have 125 grain fieldpoints (screw in for aluminums) to go on my arrows which have been flying like garbage. We found that if we replace these with 145 grain heads they fly lije darts. Anyways. I cant find 145 heads anywhere save fir the internet. I did see while online browsing tho that there are weights you can slide onto the back of the head and then screw in. So: i desided to slide lock washers on in the same fashion. It picked the grains from 125-139 grains. Now me and my buddy can not decide weather its a great redneck fix or a disaster of aluminum shrapnel in the face waiting to happen. Thoughts?

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: weigh in on the debate please
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2015, 12:23:13 am »
Will you post pics of the set up. I can't picture what you are saying.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline aaron

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2015, 01:43:49 pm »
Sounds like it would work, but at the cost of a little strength where the field tip screws into the insert... youll have fewer threads holding it together. Order new ones today and youll have em soon
Ilwaco, Washington, USA
"Good wood makes great bows, but bad wood makes great bowyers"

Offline wildman

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2015, 01:47:07 pm »
What is this aluminum you speak of ?  ;)
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline jayman448

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2015, 12:03:26 am »
Whats aluminum? Its a magical tube of soft metal of which a pointed and fletched projectile is fashioned like those made of wood and cane... but for us who lack skill and patience