Author Topic: Sick days  (Read 2106 times)

JacksonCash

Sick days
« on: June 11, 2015, 01:21:42 pm »
I've been out of work yesterday, and today. Not sure what tomorrow is going to look like. I came down with a severe reaction to *something*. Haven't pinpointed it yet, but I have some culprits. Tuesday morning my arm was itchy and my eye was swollen. By the time I got out of work that night, my arm was full of dime sized blisters. Doc's got me on a few different steroids to try to get it all taken care of. Work is super upset that I'm not there, for something as silly as a few blisters, but they haven't actually seen my arm. I doubt they'd what whats in there on the car parts...

Anyway, hoping to start busting apart some rock in the yard or working with my hockey stick bow while I'm out. Gotta get something to take my mind of the itchiness.

Offline bubby

Re: Sick days
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2015, 03:01:22 pm »
Shingles?
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

JacksonCash

« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2015, 05:49:40 pm »
Dr. Didn't think it was shingles, we've narrowed it down to either wood dust(I hope not), something at work(I don't come into too much contact with chemicals), or Restore-a-finish which we've been using on and off for a few weeks to restore some furniture we've picked up. My money is on the last one.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2015, 11:36:35 am »
I hope it's not shingles man, I think I'm coming over the hill on that one. Mine seems to be getting better rather than worse. Get some reat
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline TRACY

« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2015, 02:44:52 pm »
Almost sound like reaction to spider bite. Good luck and hope it gets better quick!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956

JacksonCash

« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2015, 07:45:43 pm »
My wife feared a spider bite too, but it's been coming and going in the same location for a few weeks- never this bad though.

I'm convinced it isn't wood dust. If it was from wood turning, it would be on my left hand/forearm instead of my right elbow. Lefty gets a lot more exposure to the stuff coming off the tool than righty does. I'm back at work today, though still a bit blistery. Just taking it easy.

Offline Slackbunny

« Reply #6 on: June 15, 2015, 02:41:43 pm »
My wife went through something similar just a couple months ago. Woke up in the middle of the night and the right side of her face and lips were extremely swollen. I mean really really swollen. Like something you'd see in a movie.

I took her to the hospital asap and they gave her an assortment of anti-allergy and anti-swelling medication, and a prescription for an epinephrine pen. We have absolutely no idea what caused it, but it hasn't happened since. It sure can be scary.

I hope you are able to pinpoint just what exactly did it to you.... and that its not wood dust.

Offline JEB

« Reply #7 on: June 15, 2015, 03:50:37 pm »
I am almost cured with my bout with shingles.  Another month and I am getting the shot.  My shingles didn't itch but kind of hurt like hell!!

Hope they get to the bottom of your issue.