Author Topic: ebay bamboo shafting  (Read 1849 times)

Offline Little John

ebay bamboo shafting
« on: June 12, 2015, 11:40:28 am »
Some how I was messing around in ebay and run into these really quality looking spined, straight, long between the nodes, and very uniform looking shafts. Price seemed reasonable even considering the shipping. There was also very nice looking finished bamboo arrow sets in dozens and half dozens at cheap sounding prices. When you have gone to all the work of making these kind of arrows it makes them seem dirt cheap. If a person wanted really cool arrows without all the hours of straightening the would seem to be worth looking at.   I also found really cool water buffalo nocks that insert into the bamboo shaft and lots of really nice fletching.   Kenneth
« Last Edit: June 12, 2015, 11:58:03 am by Little John »
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: ebay bamboo shafting
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2015, 12:16:27 pm »
Hey Kenneth. How's it going is CO?
 Beware of the horn nocks. I know folks that have had the ones they bought break. I think self nocks are better, more reliable.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Little John

Re: ebay bamboo shafting
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2015, 02:30:57 pm »
Lots of rain here in co. Loving the summer. I agree about the self knocks never had a single issue when cut in just above a node, and don't even need warped or reinforced.
May all of your moments afield with bow in hand please and satisfy you.            G. Fred Asbell