Author Topic: Stave Storage Shed  (Read 1824 times)

Offline Cloudfeather

Stave Storage Shed
« on: May 31, 2015, 08:24:52 pm »
I'm trying to think of ideas for an outdoor stave storage shed. I was thinking of something like a firewood shed with the slanted roof, with the back up against a garage, but I'd like to hear some other input on the topic. Maybe pics of some ideas. Thanks.

Offline Drewster

Re: Stave Storage Shed
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2015, 09:15:20 pm »
Yeah, a shed roof off a garage would work if you can orient it so the prevailing winds would blow through but no direct sun on your staves.  Wish I had a place like that.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2015, 09:17:28 pm »
I don't know what your summers are like but you need to think about heat in a small shed during the summer.  You might end up with drying checks all over your staves.
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline DC

« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2015, 01:02:37 am »
Remember to temper any ideas you get with your local weather/climate. For example on the coast where I live a lot of air circulation is a good thing most of the time. If you live in a desert climate it may be the last thing you want. In a desert the dry wind will suck the water out of a piece of wood way to fast. Checking is the result. In a cool or humid climate if you don't have some wind/circulation the danger is mold or rot.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2015, 09:01:58 am »
Bugs, I get powder post beetles in wood I keep outside even after spraying the wood with insecticide.