Author Topic: My Apologies for not responding about my experience at the Classic  (Read 5707 times)

Offline Wolf Watcher

On the second day of my trip home I started getting sick which is not something I do very often.  The Classic has been on my mind and the memories of this year's classic are the best ever!  New to me faces in the knapping pit and the bee hive of bow makers way into the night were a delight to witness.  The weather was perfect.  What a surprise to see all the campers.  Seems to have doubled since my last Classic two years ago.  I don't know how I got to be elevated to Special Guest by Pappy and Miss Joanie, but it sure made an old man feel at home!  A couple of things I regret not doing.  I should have talked to Cody about his bike trip.  A friend of mine is just as crazy as he has ridden his bike from Meeteetse and back up the Yukon Highway to Alaska twice!  It was good to see James Parker and his bows.  The demo in the Pit was something to see.  He seems to be happy with his career change.  It was great to get to spend a little time with the Cavitts as they have become very close friends.  I want to thank Iowa John for decorating the buffalo skull for the Station! I was very impressed with John's son as he has an IQ beyond belief! My trade blanket went very well.  When the lady won the pink quiver I made it made me wonder how sometimes  things just turn out perfect.  It was a pleasure to get to spend some time with Rand of Catahula Flutes and I really like the flute I got from him.  It made my day when Shannon showed up.  I would like to adopt him!  He gave me a beautiful skinner to replace the one I broke, a tiny perfect Shannon point, and a turkey beard so heavy it could topple an old tom right over on it's snood! The time I got to spend with Bob, Derek the Gooder, the Old Hippy and several others is what the Classic is for me!  I don't know anyone who has given to more people and for no personal profit than Pappy!  I am blessed to have known him!  Kudos to Pat B for setting the bar so high for donations.  Indian Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Stringman

Re: My Apologies for not responding about my experience at the Classic
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2015, 11:31:20 am »
What a pleasure to see you again, friend! Maybe someday I will take you up on the elk hunt. Till then, take care and ride tall.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2015, 12:31:25 pm »
Always a pleasure to see you, Joe. Looking forward to our next visit.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Buckeye Guy

« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2015, 12:32:52 pm »
It was good to see you again Joe !!
You mentioned that you wre sick on the way home I was too and still am hope that I can shake it soon, and hope you are well now!
Till next time take care and have fun !
Guy
Guy Dasher
The Marshall Primitive Archery Rendezvous
Primitive Archery Society
Having  fun
To God be the glory !

Offline koan

• Brian D. Mo.
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2015, 09:45:43 pm »
Its always a pleasure to visit with you Joe. I really enjoy your stories!... Brian
When you complement a lady on her dress.....make sure she is the one wearing it.....

Offline Outbackbob48

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2015, 10:10:02 pm »
Joe , really had a great time at the classic, and glad you could make it, I also want to thank you for sharing the cermony at the spirit wall and also letting me smoke the pipe with you, it will always have a special place in my heart. Thanks Again , Bob

Offline HickoryBill

« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2015, 10:42:28 pm »
Hey Joe it was really nice to see ya again...You truly are a great man! I hope ya like the knife blank and make an awesome knife from it!
"He who hesitates usually misses"
"All you really need to make a bow and arrow are some sticks and a deer carcass"
Bill Stockdill
Clarion County Pennsylvania

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2015, 10:01:37 pm »
Really glad to see you there, Joe, always a pleasure to visit. I'm wearing out those Chips Magazines. :)
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2015, 01:16:10 am »
It was very nice to have met you Joe! Hope you're better soon. I wish I would have had a little more time to visit with you. Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2015, 05:40:00 am »
You are like family Joe and welcome anytime, even if you do wake up the whole camp with the Truck horn. ;) :) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline MWirwicki

• The wood speaks to you; Listen with your eyes. GSD
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2015, 10:26:47 am »
Was great seeing you again at The Classic, Joe.  I hope I was as good a bunkroom mate as you were.  I hardly knew you were there.  Have a great year.  I'll see you again next year!

Matt
Matt Wirwicki
Owosso, MI

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2015, 10:38:49 am »
Matt that was because he wasn't there much, he sleeps less than I do. ;) :) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline _Jon_

« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2015, 02:18:29 pm »
Hope I did not keep you and Matt awake at night with my snoring.  Always great to see you Joe.   :)
Member of "Twin Oaks Bow Hunters,"  Chapmansboro, Tennessee

Offline Wolf Watcher

« Reply #13 on: May 18, 2015, 08:18:57 am »
I have to tell you the truth about the cabin.  I never had a clue who was in the cabin with me!  I can tell you that was an honor to be able to bunk there!  So many people at the Classic and the only thing I regret is that I did not always know the names of the people I talked to even though I had met most of them before.  Lots of quality people there!  Joe
Get Close---Shoot Straight

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: May 18, 2015, 08:28:31 am »
You got that right Joe, some of the best people I have ever meet in my life show up there. :)
  Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good