Author Topic: Aluminium arrows for ELB  (Read 3013 times)

Offline Joel Hamberg

Aluminium arrows for ELB
« on: May 11, 2015, 04:08:20 am »
I am just curious if there are any good aluminium Arrows for a ELB 100@32?
I am set with 6 real expensve Wood Arrows that I am reluctant to use as they look too good and are too expensive......
Aluminium for training woul dbe ideal as they suits the targets better at the club (Wood burn into them and gets stuck)
Thanks Joel

Offline Del the cat

• Derek Hutchison Native Wood Self Bows
Re: Aluminium arrows for ELB
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2015, 07:36:00 am »
The bow doesn't know what the arrows are made off... mind the guys next to you may rib you a bit >:D
Del
Health warning, these posts may contain traces of nut.

Offline WillS

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2015, 08:31:40 am »
Why not make a set of 12 super cheap woodies?  Surely they'll be cheaper overall than aluminium arrows (that last "I" is supposed to be there... ;) ) and they'll be far more traditional.

Can't go shooting proper weight bows with metal arrows.  Tsk tsk.

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2015, 10:34:10 am »
What good are any arrows it you don't shoot them? Its like building wall hanger bows. Sacrilege! ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2015, 04:29:44 pm »
I think the stiffest spine you can get will come from a 2117 shaft, I think. So, no there aren't any aluminums that would handle that length or weight. As far as materials used? That's up to you and not everybody else. I know a few guys who shoot carbon from self bows, that's fine by me if they shoot well and hit what they aim for. After all, that's what we all want in the end. I may shoot carbons from a self bow when I hunt mule deer in Wyoming next year, who knows.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline DC

« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2015, 04:38:48 pm »
Kinda related ::). I had a boss, a fly fisherman, wouldn't eat a trout caught on a worm. said it made them taste funny. :D

Offline duke3192

• pm109331
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2015, 07:54:32 pm »
Joel, are you in the U. K., first you need to learn to make arrows, you can do cane arrows that spine well over a 100#, also you can order cane arrows from China that are finished and will spine out to what you need. Check out longbowmaker.888.com.
charter member of traditional bow hunters of Florida.

Offline make-n-break

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2015, 02:08:28 pm »
The bamboo garden stakes from home improvement stores are small diameter and often spine 100# or more. They have a real nice diameter too... 3/8" or smaller... I don't know about the UK, but here in the states a pack of 12 is about $3. Usually 5 or 6 arrow worthy shafts per bag too. They're what I use exclusively lately for my heavy bow. Maybe that's worth a shot if you've got access to them.
"When making a bow from board staves you are freeing a thing of dignity from the humiliation of static servitude." -TBB1