Author Topic: Boo ipe Osage tri lam  (Read 1758 times)

Offline Blaflair2

Boo ipe Osage tri lam
« on: March 20, 2015, 01:08:28 am »
So go out the glue up I did awhile ago and wasn't feeling it. Cut it down and now it's more of a 5 curve. 52" >:D gonna see if she'll go 28" or bang. Kinda got a grudge against it. So tough love it is
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Blaflair2

Re: Boo ipe Osage tri lam
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2015, 03:15:40 pm »
So I put some overlays on and worked the front prime down to shape a little more and this little sucker looks kinda bad a$$. She's hopefully gonna get talked into 28. It's about 65lbs @ 12". So I'll have the weight hopefully and maybe a belly lam left  ;)

I'm gonna get after it tonight. It's my birthday and the first day of spring. And snowing... I wanna shoot this bow at the classic. We'll see. Maybe some of u really will  :P

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2015, 03:22:14 pm »
You can tiller a bow out without overlays and final tip and handle shape. If you are uncertain about the bow it's better to do less to it until you know it will work out.    Good luck!  ;)
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2015, 05:39:55 pm »
I know pat, my saw too a small chunk outta the belly side of the tip. So I wanted to make sure it was good to go. Made a new string... Haven't in awhile. Wow, what a pain lol. I'm rusty

blackhawk

« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2015, 08:57:09 am »
With those materials,good glue lines,and a good tiller I'm sure it'll go to 28" no prob....BUT WHY...it'll just be an overstressed stacking pos bow IMHO. Why not tiller it out for a kids bow and give it to some needy lil soul,or someone with a 24" draw,or 26" max draw etc etc...

If ya do wanna take it that far you'll need to get lots of bend going right thru the handle and fades...but not too much of course.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2015, 10:36:02 am »
Well it started out as something I didn't really car about. But I really like how it's shaping up. Maybe it will end up being my trade bow. I respect ur opinion Chris so it won't go farther than 26".