Author Topic: well. gere i am again...  (Read 2685 times)

Offline jayman448

well. gere i am again...
« on: August 25, 2015, 12:30:38 am »
I was shootin silver dollars for about a week. Then i watched a video telling me my concept of back tension was wrong. Now i cant seem to do what i used to. With so many bloody ways to shoot how do you not go mad? Ive got so many things going through my head i cant hardly aim. Please help?

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: well. gere i am again...
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2015, 01:41:32 am »
I use to hate when my mom would say this.

"You need to put that down. Take a break and come back when your not thinking about it. Then you can,  just do it"

You know she was always right. I hated hearing her say that. Because I knew she was right. Even if what I am doing she has no clue what it is.
Take yourself a break, go fishing, hiking, what ever. Then when you haven't thought about shooting for a day, just pick up your bow and start flinging arrows. Trust me, it will work! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2015, 04:37:17 am »
There are a few things that you must do to shoot accurate, draw, point and hit a constant anchor and hold the bow arm steady and on target, other than that it's all on you. Everyone has the prefect way to shoot but I have found it may be prefect for them but not necessarily for me. ??? As long as you are getting to full draw[what ever that is for you]  hitting a constant anchor and holding the bow arm steady I wouldn't worry about all the stuff you read and hear. Just go shoot and have fun it will all come together I promise. ;) :)
 Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2015, 04:15:56 pm »
If you are shooting well and consistently just continue to shoot that way. Trying to change this close to hunting season is asking for failure. The time to change your shooting style is after the hunting season so you have lots of time to get consistent before the next hunting season...this is assuming you will hunt with your bow.
 I have a friend that draws to the center of his chest. He shoots accurately and is always consistent.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline bowandarrow473

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2015, 09:29:41 pm »
If you can hit a silver dollar then don't change a thing!
Whatever you are, be a good one.

Offline jayman448

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 05:36:22 am »
You all have the same thoughts as my my girlfriend. She gets annoyed. "Well why did yiu cahnge someyhing again" xD i know i shouldnt change stuff and yer all right. Back to what i was doing. I shoukdnt say silver dollar by the way. Thats exagerated. I stick a leaf from an aspen tree on my target and my group at twenty yards (for the most part) is the size of a soft ball (a couple more in the pie plate range and a couple nailing the leaf. Anyways ima give er a few days and then just do what i know how

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 06:02:15 am »
Rock steady bow hand and draw to the hilt. M. Thompson was not wrong.

Offline jayman448

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 06:33:10 am »
Draw to the hilt???

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 08:26:33 am »
I think he means ,just be sure to full draw and hit solid anchor every time. :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2015, 01:00:17 pm »
I may have misquoted Maurice. I took a quick glance through where I thought it was but did not see it. I thought hilt was a misused term too when I read it but who am I to argue. I think that is why I remembered it, or misremembered it. I think it is in the part where they are plume hunting in S. Georgia or Florida. I guess I will just have to read WOA again 8^(.   Can't wait, think I'll start now ;) .