Author Topic: RD tiller check  (Read 11704 times)

Offline Blaflair2

Re: RD tiller check
« Reply #45 on: March 10, 2015, 03:24:37 pm »
Ross, I made a 51" Osage bow my first go. Scraped it with a razor blade  :-\ 82#@28" I'm glad she didn't blow on me. Still got it. Haven't finished it yet lol. Just gotta round one tip. But it's almost like why bother?
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline vinemaplebows

« Reply #46 on: March 10, 2015, 08:58:44 pm »
PD,

That looks like the right tiller, but I always thought those thiongs looked wierd tillered sop close to the fades.
Debating is an intellectual exchange of differing views...with no winners.

Offline Sidewinder

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2015, 01:09:26 am »
You had me going for a sec or two. Almost had it buried 2 barbs deep, if you had just let me run with it before you set the hook you might have gotten me in the boat. I was looking at it and thinking " well, I don't know jack on R/D's but man look at the movement in those inner limbs, that can't be right, can it?"  I am really happy to know that I haven't completly lost my mind. Key word being completely.  :o Danny
"You know a tree by the fruit it bears"   God

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2015, 10:31:19 am »
I remember watching Gary's video the first time. He scratched on an osage bow a few minutes off the saw and popped a string right on it. I thought, "Man I wish it was that easy!". That tiny snippet in that video has driven me since. It can be that easy and is that easy! No magic dust, no secret bowyers sauce. Just lots of practice and paying attention to what experienced people tell me.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline IdahoMatt

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2015, 11:47:27 pm »
What video is video do you speak of Chris?

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #50 on: March 11, 2015, 11:58:45 pm »
What video is video do you speak of Chris?

Rattlestick, a selfbow tutorial by Gary Davis.  I must have watched it 20 times. It covers just about everything. A must watch for the beginner. Experienced guys will also dig it.
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Arrowind

« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2015, 12:36:49 am »
Hmmm maybe a scrape or two.....nah just leave it.   Looks perfect.  BOM for sure!  ;D
Talking trees. What do trees have to talk about, hmm... except the consistency of squirrel droppings?

mikekeswick

« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2015, 03:41:16 am »
Aye it looks spot on to me - defo got a chance at being a BOM winner.