Author Topic: RD tiller check  (Read 11709 times)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
Re: RD tiller check
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2015, 10:13:40 am »
Dry heat will take care of that Roybert Redford. Just be sure its done before glue up.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Stringman

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2015, 10:26:14 am »
Good one, Chris. I was cringing for about 3 seconds, then I started reading!  >:D

Roy I think you're using the wrong ends. Butt the other ends together then rawhide back it. Should be fine. ::) ;D

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2015, 10:53:45 am »
Lol Roy!

Pearly, glad ya shared man! Makes me have hope for my terrible skills  :embarassed:
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2015, 11:09:53 am »
Could be the Coors light Roy, try Miller lite that should do it. ;) :)
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline osage outlaw

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2015, 01:53:25 pm »
You making yourself a new cane Roy?
I started out with nothin' and I still got most of it left

Offline missilemaster

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2015, 02:00:00 pm »
Hey Roy that brown bottle may have something to do with that, not saying, just saying!
All men die,  few men ever really live.

Real men love Jesus.

Offline Roy

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2015, 02:03:51 pm »
That brown bottle was empty. Well so were a few others:)

Offline DC

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2015, 02:08:00 pm »
I always say I was using it for burnishing ;D ;D

Offline DC

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2015, 02:19:59 pm »
At the risk of exposing my ignorance can we just run over what is SO ugly(your words ;) ) about this tiller. Might as well learn something today. I see the hinge on the right fade. If the hinge wasn't there it looks like the limbs would be fairly equal. Being an R/D, isn't it going to look like it's bending too much in the fades. The limbs will look straighter on an R/D also, wouldn't they?
Thanks
Don

Offline Jodocus

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2015, 02:27:34 pm »
You should have let it go on a while. I was staring at it, thinking my eyes must play tricks on me cause that looks so crappy and I know you can tiller. I was almost blaming it on my lack of experience with RDs...
Don't shoot!

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2015, 02:42:44 pm »
DC, for the amount of reflex in the bow they should still be slightly elyptical. From what I think anyway. The sucker is bending straight outta the fades and not much elsewhere. I may be wrong as I'm no expert. If I am plz say so. I'd like to learn
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2015, 02:44:07 pm »
At the risk of exposing my ignorance can we just run over what is SO ugly(your words ;) ) about this tiller. Might as well learn something today. I see the hinge on the right fade. If the hinge wasn't there it looks like the limbs would be fairly equal. Being an R/D, isn't it going to look like it's bending too much in the fades. The limbs will look straighter on an R/D also, wouldn't they?
Thanks
Don

If I had say 12" of sharp reflex mid limb out, then maybe it would appear somewhat flat after they uncurled at full draw. That POS isn't bending anywhere except the first 3"! With that shape unbraced, it should look very flat bow like with slightly stiff tips.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline rossfactor

• Humboldt County CA
« Reply #42 on: March 10, 2015, 02:57:24 pm »
It's fun to look in the way back machine....

Here's a link to a Jatoba bow I made in 2008...

And this is scary.... I think this is '07 or something.  Ouch! Way over 90 deg.  Maybe Osage is king after all.... (chortle).

Gabe

Humboldt County CA.

Offline DC

« Reply #43 on: March 10, 2015, 03:07:54 pm »
If I had say 12" of sharp reflex mid limb out, then maybe it would appear somewhat flat after they uncurled at full draw. That POS isn't bending anywhere except the first 3"! With that shape unbraced, it should look very flat bow like with slightly stiff tips.

Thanks PD

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #44 on: March 10, 2015, 03:18:55 pm »
Thanks for the look back PD. Roy the splice is priceless. Ross, I bet the thing is still shooting darts.