Author Topic: challenge stave challenge. ( CSC )  (Read 931 times)

Offline sleek

challenge stave challenge. ( CSC )
« on: February 28, 2015, 09:26:46 pm »
So Lebhuntfish (( Patrick ) Hey buddy!  Told you id give you credit ) and I were texting back and forth while I was looking at a stave I have that has its fair share of challenges. I said to him.... awl heck yall can read it.

Well nm I cant block his number on a screen shot. Sooo long story longer, I thought it would be a fun game to take our worat stave and ship it to someone else as a challenge to have them make a bow from it. Ole patty boy thought it was a grand idea. Then I thought, some will think, i have enough headaches of my own, why would i pay shipping for some one else's? Then he added the bow could then be sent to some unexpected victim but a long timeframe would be needed. I reckoned a year, then realized Christmas was about that far away. Hey, why dont we make the deadline for the Christmas trade ship date, the guy has a chance at receiving two gifts...

So whatchall think? Idea or no? If its a bad idea it was all Patrick's idea. If its a good one, I thought of it first.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: challenge stave challenge. ( CSC )
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2015, 09:31:22 pm »
You son of a gun!  >:D

I guess it's not too bad I might have one of my super straight and extremely clean Missouri staves I could send off! Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline sleek

« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2015, 09:47:43 pm »
Patrick had a good idea of removing the bark to ensure the wood doesn't have any terrible checks making to stave unworkable.  Plus that should help with shipping some too....

Offline sleek

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2015, 09:53:18 pm »
And to add, any bow any method is acceptable.  Just, if you have to resin infuse stranded polymerized silica sand go for it. Just put it around ( not in! ) the campfire.