Author Topic: I need Tillering Help!  (Read 6376 times)

Offline Easternarcher

Re: I need Tillering Help!
« Reply #15 on: January 24, 2008, 02:53:22 pm »
Thumbs up!
If the arrow would be on the wrong side, wouldn`t it fell to the right side, because the bow is held with top tip to the right side?

Becuz of the angle, you can't see that it is actually on the left side of the bow sitting ontop of my knuckle. No rest! ;)

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #16 on: January 24, 2008, 03:02:07 pm »
I have seen a very few people that shoot like that.  Instead of off the knuckle, they shoot off the thumb.  When they cant the bow over, just raise the thumb to keep it from falling.  Looks like the fletchings would dig into the thumb.

Offline DirtyDan

« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2008, 12:18:26 am »
Eastern,

Two things occur to me that I have done.  One is that you can put it in a heat box on low heat and see if the bamboo may not be dry enough.  I know that tiller often changes on BBO's that I have built, and I have built about twenty of them.  Th other thing that works great is to shave the belly down and glue a thin laminate on the belly where it is weak.  One of the best bows I have I treated that way, and it is a great performer.  186 fps with a 500 grain arrow.  You can either glue a lam just on the weak spot or shave down on both ends and put the thin lams on and re-tiller.

Dirty Dan

Offline uwe

« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2008, 02:59:26 pm »
Thumbs up!
If the arrow would be on the wrong side, wouldn`t it fell to the right side, because the bow is held with top tip to the right side?

Becuz of the angle, you can't see that it is actually on the left side of the bow sitting ontop of my knuckle. No rest! ;)

Thats what I thought. The knuckles hide the shaft.