Main Discussion Area > Horn Bows

Inuit Bone and sinew cable bows..A great watch.

<< < (3/4) > >>

PatM:

--- Quote from: mullet on February 26, 2015, 10:21:53 pm ---Or, his kids making fun of him because he can't shoot worth a crap. :)

--- End quote ---

He still hadn't dialled in the ILF tiller and worked out the correct spine and FOC blah blah blah for the arrows.  ;D

mullet:
Or seagull fletching. :)

joachimM:

--- Quote from: GlisGlis on February 26, 2015, 01:11:53 pm ---My french is a little rusty but the video speaks about 2  types of construction if I'm not wrong
One is made of "bois de caribou" (caribou wood? probably caribou antlers) and the other is "bois et os" (wood and bones)
Anyway their craftsmanship is amazing. They survived with so few things and so much knowledge!

--- End quote ---

In french, bois can mean antler or wood. The distinction lies in the use of the article: le bois or du bois (singular) refers to the/some wood, les/des bois refers to antlers or to woods (types of wood or a forest).

So "bois et os" may refer to antler and bone rather than wood and bone.

GlisGlis:
thankyou Joachim. in fact I was asking myself what wood they could find. antlers and bones seems more reasonable

mikekeswick:
Great video.  :)
I always wondered what they used before steel, is there knappable rock up there?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version