Author Topic: Deer Crossing Signs  (Read 3704 times)

Offline Marc St Louis

• Administrator
  • Keep it flexible
    • Marc's Bows and Arrows
Deer Crossing Signs
« on: February 19, 2015, 08:13:18 am »
So what do you think, should we or shouldn't we move those signs?    ::)

https://www.youtube-nocookie.com/embed/CI8UPHMzZm8?rel=0
Home of heat-treating, Corbeil, On.  Canada

Marc@Ironwoodbowyer.com

Offline Bone pile

Re: Deer Crossing Signs
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2015, 08:42:51 am »
 :o yep they walk among us
Venice Florida

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 10:39:19 am »
  I agree I have a couple miles of road front. I wrote the DNR repeatly that they could  move 4 or 5 of those signs on my road front.

Remember the one where the lady said why don't you hunters go to wallwart and buy meat like the rest of us.

DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Josh B

« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 10:56:50 am »
I started to laugh until I realized this lady is driving around.  Now I'm kinda scared!  Josh

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 11:30:01 am »
I get some pretty strange requests for signs. A road in the city I work has 10 homes. We got a request for deer crossing signs. The speed limit is 25, the road is about 20 feet wide at its widest point, and it is a dead end.
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline n8tr boy

« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 12:41:13 pm »
crooketarrow i totally agree, i would like at least 4 signs by my house. ya when i heard this a little while ago, i asked if this was "for real" and i do agree BP they do walk among us not sure how with our high education but they do

Offline Patches

« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 02:35:38 pm »
You can't fix stupid!  I had a meeting with guy one time that had two ponds.  One was at the bottom of a hill, the other was about 100 yards up the hill and 12 feet higher in elevation than the first pond.  I even shot the elevations with a laser level just to make sure.  The guy wanted a ditch from the lower pond to the upper pond so that he could fill the upper pond.  I thought I was mis-understanding him, but he swore up and down that if I put a ditch in between the ponds, water would travel from the low pond, up the hill, to the higher pond.   I finally just walked off...I never could convince him that water would not run uphill.     
"You are never a complete failure as long as you can be used as a bad example..."

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #7 on: February 21, 2015, 08:25:53 am »
I think the signs would work just fine if they hired a crosswalk guard to let the deer know when it was safe to cross.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline Badly Bent

« Reply #8 on: February 21, 2015, 09:58:57 am »
I wasn't aware that it worked like that, I'm gonna put one of those signs under my deer stand. ;D ;D
I ain't broke but I'm badly bent.

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: February 21, 2015, 01:02:15 pm »
You can't fix stupid!  I had a meeting with guy one time that had two ponds.  One was at the bottom of a hill, the other was about 100 yards up the hill and 12 feet higher in elevation than the first pond.  I even shot the elevations with a laser level just to make sure.  The guy wanted a ditch from the lower pond to the upper pond so that he could fill the upper pond.  I thought I was mis-understanding him, but he swore up and down that if I put a ditch in between the ponds, water would travel from the low pond, up the hill, to the higher pond.   I finally just walked off...I never could convince him that water would not run uphill.   

Shoda just dug the ditch. How much was he paying?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline crooketarrow

« Reply #10 on: February 21, 2015, 01:42:30 pm »
  I think I start steeling and put them in place a lot simpler than waiting on the DRN to get around to it.
DEAD IS DEAD NO MATTER HOW FAST YOUR ARROW GETS THERE
20 YEARS OF DOING 20 YEARS OF LEARNING 20 YEARS OF TEACHING

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #11 on: February 21, 2015, 04:36:46 pm »
Used to be a joke in the power plant I worked at as to what it took to be a good steamfitter, all you had to know was that stuff (not the word they used but similar) didn't run uphill and that payday was on Friday.

Offline RidgeRunner

« Reply #12 on: February 22, 2015, 08:37:17 am »
So..... If I get one of these sings and put it in the back yard...  Will I be able to shoot "more" deer out the bedroom window?
I wonder if the deer could tell if my Deer Crossing sign was homemade and thus ignore it.

David
David Key / N.W. Alabama