Author Topic: Arrows for Mounted Archery  (Read 2273 times)

Offline Magyar Blood

Arrows for Mounted Archery
« on: February 13, 2015, 12:36:17 pm »
Hey, i found a place where i live (Asheville NC region) that teaches horseback archery.  I've been looking to try this sport for a long time now, and i think i will try this place i found in the summer (to busy now).  What type of arrows are good for mounted archery?  I make spiral flu flu arrows, those are my favorite for close range, they shoot very strait.  What are the ranges i might be shooting at?

The teachers at this place trained in Hungary under the great Lajos Kassai!  Maybe some of my fellow WNC'ers know about this place and could give me some info.  The place is called Shaman Hill, just north of Asheville in the Weaverville area.
You can't fix stupid!!!

Offline Pat B

• Administrator
Re: Arrows for Mounted Archery
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2015, 01:35:36 pm »
I've lived in Brevard for 25 years and haven't heard about Shaman Hill but I don't do horse archery either. I would imagine that any arrows should work for mounted archery as long as they are matched to your bow and your style of shooting.
Make the most of all that comes and the least of all that goes!    Pat Brennan  Brevard, NC

Offline Magyar Blood

« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2015, 05:38:19 pm »
I'll post the link to the site.  Thanks, i understand what your saying.  I trend to over think things, i lobe long range rifle shooting even though i just got into it, I'm a bit of an external ballistics nerd. 

All the best,
Steven
http://shamanhill.com/index.php/horse-warriors
You can't fix stupid!!!

Offline Magyar Blood

« Reply #3 on: February 13, 2015, 05:42:16 pm »
*tend * & *love*.  Stupid phone lol.
You can't fix stupid!!!