Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Flight arrow design & tradeoffs

<< < (5/7) > >>

Marc St Louis:
My opinion is that what is good for one should be good for all

Dan Perry:
I can relate the that opinion. I just try to picture the application for a traditional long bow class.

Badger:
  Dan, have you had a chance to read through most of the topics yet. I know you came in late. I am interested in your opinion of a new primitive only organization, not to replace the other but to promote it.

One part would be regular flight shooting just as we do it today with a few minor changes and the other would be the tradtional aspect which is really more of a bowyers class to compare bows as opposed to all aspects of flight shooting. The traditionals side would take the place of broadhead shooting and hopefully we can agree to use an arrow weight per pound of draw weight. This really would eliminate the need for weight classes. Or maybe just have below or above 60#.

Dan Perry:
Steve,

I have looked around a little,tried to answer a question or two, and given some encouragement and input. That is about it though. haven't read much.

Grain per pound still requires measuring the arrow and the bow. Broad head was flight for practical aplication. Bows that would be used for hunting. Arrows with enough fletching to stabilize a practical arrow.

Grains per pound really is a bowyer game. I am not against it. it still sounds fun.

Del the cat:
How do we measure draw length on ELBs and primitives shot off the hand? Arrow length still?
Doubtless this info is elsewhere and I've just missed it :-[ Sorry.
Del

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version