Author Topic: Hickory backed Ipe tiller check.  (Read 9751 times)

Offline lebhuntfish

• If the wood will bend, I'll make it beautiful!
Re: Hickory backed Ipe tiller check.
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2015, 04:37:10 pm »
According to pearls drawing, it might use a few off about the same spot on the left limb as well. JMO Patrick
Once an Eagle Scout, always an Eagle Scout!

Missouri, where all the best wood is! Well maybe not the straightest!

Building a bow has been the most rewarding, peaceful, and frustrating things I have ever made with my own two hands!

Offline bubby

« Reply #31 on: February 13, 2015, 04:48:31 pm »
Don't worry man you will get it just don't get frustrated, start to get po'd go relax for a few
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline TimothyR

• PM110782
« Reply #32 on: February 13, 2015, 05:06:23 pm »
[quote I've been uthor=bubby link=topic=50653.msg694285#msg694285 date=1423857559]
Don't worry man you will get it just don't get frustrated, start to get po'd go relax for a few
[/quote]

It's hard not to get frustrated but I'll never give up. I dont get alot of time to work on them so its takin me longer to learn.  I think its close I've takin some off both sides. Its looking pretty good. I may have it today I hope. Im a perfectionist so I think that why I have broken so many.  Thanks to all of you for being so patient.  I want to post a finished bow that lives up to y'alls standards.
Freedom dies one compromise at a time. III%

Offline bushboy

« Reply #33 on: February 13, 2015, 07:09:37 pm »
Yes I've been where you are,part of the curve I guess.my best advice is to study the brace, flip it 180 and repeat.you could start by placing the back against a flat surface (like a door frame or a hand rail on a deck) and measure tip height(remember to rotate the bow 180 to cut down on the varitables)and remeasure. You will be surprised at the difference even though it looks close by eye!alas IMHO. Is to bend it on the floor and flat. Spots and hinges will jump out at you with a bit of practice. Looks like it's gonna be a nice one!yes I agree the left is still a squeak flat mid.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

Offline bubby

« Reply #34 on: February 13, 2015, 07:27:38 pm »
Dude you are almost there you'll get it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹