Author Topic: Releases  (Read 1273 times)

Offline bow101

Releases
« on: February 08, 2015, 03:30:44 pm »
Anybody use these things.... The wrist one I have yet to use, just playing around one day and decided to make them.

"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell

Offline DC

Re: Releases
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2015, 04:06:28 pm »
I just made this one last week. It's thinner leather than my last one so it was a little floppy. I glued the thick piece in to stiffen it up. Seems to work nice. I have to shorten the fingers a bit so I can find my anchor point better. Picture is the side that goes against my hand.

Offline jayman448

« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2015, 04:31:56 pm »
that wrist thing looks so odd. how does it even work??? i was intrigued by the ring releases a while ago. considered making one just for kicks. maybe a silly question. is that ring release a modern invention or was it used by an ancient society at all?

Offline mullet

• Global Moderator
  • Eddie Parker
« Reply #3 on: February 09, 2015, 08:32:52 pm »
It's modern, they were popular in the 60-70's.
Lakeland, Florida
 If you have to pull the trigger, is it really archery?

Offline bow101

« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 12:53:02 am »
that wrist thing looks so odd. how does it even work??? i was intrigued by the ring releases a while ago. considered making one just for kicks. maybe a silly question. is that ring release a modern invention or was it used by an ancient society at all?
Sometime I'll get a better photo,  the wide part is an old modified belt then I attached the narrow piece of leather and made a thick end so you can hold between your forefinger and middle finger as its wrapped around the string.  Then you simply relax the forefinger.
"The privilege of a lifetime is being who you are."  Joseph Campbell