Author Topic: New to PA  (Read 1706 times)

Offline Enharrington

New to PA
« on: February 10, 2015, 10:17:30 pm »

Hey guys I am new to the forum but have lurked around for a few years and bought all the back issues of the magazines.  I finally decided to join.  I have spent the last few years trying to Learn making bows and flint knapping.  I have successfully made a few bows though nothing compared to those on here.  I also have been able to someone teach myself how to flint knap. Thanks in large part to the time spent browsing  the message boards. I thought I'd post a small knife I made today.  My first attempt at one.
"I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear"-doc holiday

Offline nclonghunter

Re: New to PA
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 10:28:42 pm »
Welcome aboard, your knife looks great to me. What part of the world are you from?
There are no bad knappers, only bad flakes

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 10:32:20 pm »
Welcome, I'm glad you joined.  Great job on the knife, especially considering it is your first.   Just keep Knapping, and bow building.  If you want to watch YouTube check out allergic hobbit , and paleomanjim, flint knapper jimmy.  They have great videos.

Stringman

« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 10:36:15 pm »
That's a great start. Keep knappin and postin!

Offline Enharrington

« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 10:50:39 pm »
Thanks for the replies.  I'm from upstate New York north of Albany near Vermont border.  And thanks for the YouTube videos.  I'm constantly trying to find new videos to watch.  this is some dacite I e bought.  I've been able to knap some arrow heads from local stuff I find.  But trying to knap a knife is much more challenging.  In the thinning process the knife always ends up too small and turns into and arrow head haha
"I'm afraid the strain was more than he could bear"-doc holiday

Offline TRACY

« Reply #5 on: February 12, 2015, 06:30:20 am »
Welcome! The knife looks real cool!

Tracy
It is what it is - make the most of it!    PN500956