Author Topic: ERC is great bow wood!  (Read 50338 times)

Offline adb

Re: ERC is great bow wood!
« Reply #90 on: January 29, 2015, 11:26:21 am »
If it's a flaw in the wood that the bowyer can NOT see, then it's unlikely they'll be able to compensate for it. Wood is a natural material, with flaws.

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #91 on: January 29, 2015, 11:32:32 am »
I understand that... In that case as I have stated before then, the bowyer would be confident in their skills. Knowing that the wood broke for some unknown reason.  Then they would be happy to try another stave of same species.  Instead of blaming the entire species. Right?

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #92 on: January 29, 2015, 11:48:36 am »
You need to take your lawyer hat off and chill.
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

Offline Blackcoyote

« Reply #93 on: January 29, 2015, 12:16:42 pm »

Sure poke the ERC hornet nest so they all come outta the cedar closet   >:D

I'm thinking different  -you're tiller was so good, you got junk wood to bend before giving up the ghost! 
Drew - St. Johns, Michigan

Offline Sasquatch

« Reply #94 on: January 29, 2015, 12:48:32 pm »

Ok I'll chill,   for the sake of the forum.  :-X. I still disagree with much of what you have said, I feel like you could be ruining many potential bows with your statements.   I don't feel the need to back down. You called me out when you are the one not answering questions.  PM me if interested in caring on the conversation.   Other than that I'm done on this issue.

But this has been interesting,  Nathaniel Stockberger ( oh yah I'm German also)

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #95 on: January 29, 2015, 12:59:26 pm »
I have no interest, thanks for the invite however. 
Only when the last tree has died and the last river has been poisoned and the last fish has been caught will we realize we cannot eat money.

blackhawk

« Reply #96 on: January 29, 2015, 01:12:24 pm »
Well dang.....just when things were getting "interesting" and the steam runs out. We need more water in the pot boys  >:D

I started "something" last night that I might share the ride with y'all. Or I might just abort that mission as its stupid :-X

Offline PEARL DRUMS

• }}}--CK-->
« Reply #97 on: January 29, 2015, 01:16:47 pm »
Just a typical mid winter thread Bad Chris. It turns into way more than it is or ever was. It was about a crap piece of wood that couldn't do what a bent pine yard stick can. Then it manifested into me not knowing what Im doing.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #98 on: January 29, 2015, 01:24:59 pm »
Should have stuck with Poplar!  >:D

Offline bobbykelley

« Reply #99 on: January 29, 2015, 01:25:48 pm »
I know I'm not much of a bowyer but I do know that not every piece of wood will make a bow. And I have seen Pearl Drums post a few bows on here and I have had the pleasure of him helping with advice so I'm go to have to go with the wood as the problem. But as with everyone else I did enjoy reading the thread.
I make mistakes but I learn.

Offline Chief RID

« Reply #100 on: January 29, 2015, 01:29:28 pm »
Pardon if I missed it but.....Have we seen one pic of a ERC self bow? I sure would like someone to show their daily shooter. Even one that has 1000 shots to it's credit. This is so discouraging.

Offline bubby

« Reply #101 on: January 29, 2015, 03:07:55 pm »
Chief i know for a fact gundoc has and he talked about it earlier in this post, in fact i think he built a character bow from it
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bubby

« Reply #102 on: January 29, 2015, 03:10:58 pm »
Well dang.....just when things were getting "interesting" and the steam runs out. We need more water in the pot boys  >:D

I started "something" last night that I might share the ride with y'all. Or I might just abort that mission as its stupid

Go ahead and start it blackhawk, i DOUBLE DARE YOU >:D
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline adb

« Reply #103 on: January 29, 2015, 03:12:27 pm »
Pardon if I missed it but.....Have we seen one pic of a ERC self bow? I sure would like someone to show their daily shooter. Even one that has 1000 shots to it's credit. This is so discouraging.

I posted a link previously to a 120# ERC self warbow.

Offline Roy

« Reply #104 on: January 29, 2015, 03:12:45 pm »
Pearly boy, get yourself some Mongolian tulip wood.. It makes a fine bow, even for guys like you who don't know how to make bows.. :) LOL