Author Topic: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade signups CLOSED  (Read 55848 times)

Offline 2015bowtrade

2015 Primitive Archer bow trade signups CLOSED
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:48:55 pm »
Welcome to the 2015 Primitive Archer Bow Trade

Selfbows, laminates, board bows all welcome!

PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FIRST BEFORE SIGNING UP!

These are the officiators of this years trade. Any of them can be contacted via personal message, but for the most part try to direct your questions to this trade running account.

Huisme
Marc Lipska
Home phone, ask for me: (360) 482-4564
I probably won't be around the phone as much as the others but should be online several times a day to check messages.

JoJoDapyro
Joe Jacobsen
Cell: (801) 661 3238
I can text throughout the day, and take calls at random times. All calls after 3:30 mountain will be answered.

Steelslinger
Brad Miller
503-969-2801
I can take calls after 5pm pacific, and a reasonable amount of texts throughout the day.

Deadline to sign up will be February 1st.

Deadline to ship will be by August 15th

PLEASE READ THE RULES THOROUGHLY AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THEM BEFORE SIGNING UP!

RULE #1: You must have been a member of this site for at least 3 months and have posted at least one example of your work. This is only trying to ensure that we have a basic idea and understanding of who folks are that are trying to sign up, if they are someone who will only ship a bow that has an acceptable tiller, and most importantly if they are someone who will fulfill there vow to the relationship of this community. If work you have posted does not seem to be tillered well we will contact you and you may have to wait until next year's trade.

If you have not been a member for very long but are experienced, have come from tradgang, etc, you may ask for an exception in this thread/your message to the officiators.

RULE #2: During the sign up if a member doesn't know much about you it will be brought to my attention and discussed. If for some reason we feel like we need more answers to know who you are better, do not be offended if you get a pm from one of us wanting to know more about you. And please don't be offended if we feel like you are just not quite ready yet.

RULE #3: If you are under the age of 18 you must receive permission from your parents and your parents must contact Joe Jacobsen, cell: (801) 661 3238 who will inform Marc Lipska of your permission to participate.

The next set of rules is how you will go about signing up.

RULE #4: First in this thread you will state that you are in and your basic bow specs (draw weight/length, dexterity), and shipping constraints.

For example:

I'm in. Right handed, 50-60 pounds, 28", US shipping only.

Then you must comply with the next rule(#5)

RULE #5: YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE. You must send 2015bowtrade a pm with your bow specs, legal real name, address where you want the bow sent, shipping constraints, and your phone number. This information will be held confidentially on a spreadsheet created by huisme/Marc Lipska. If Marc does not receive all of this required information your name will not be going into the drawing of names and you will not be a part of this years trade. Also, for super-secret official reasons, the subject of your message should be “Trade signup.”

For example:

Subject: Trade signup

John Smith
111 smith st
Smithville, Pa
phone #: 111-111-1111
US shipping only
Right handed, 50-60 pounds, 28", I have really big hands so make a large (4.5”+) grip.

RULE #6: If for some reason you receive a bow but for some legitimate reason cannot send one out you must contact me and I will tell you to send it on to the person you're supposed to make and send a bow too. If you do not send the bow you received to your recipient you will be banned from any other future trades and your name will be going into Eddie Parkers(mullet) blackbook, and trust me you do not want to be put in his book. Communication goes a long ways; just let us know if you are having life issues or problems with your build and we will work with you. We want to help you and that's what the committee is here for.

RULE #7: You must check in occasionally on the "2015 PA Bow Trade Works In Progress" thread. Even if you're not building one yet please check in. I will post a name of all the names in this years trade at the start of the works in progress thread. If any of us see you haven't checked in for awhile don't be surprised if you get a pm from one of us asking you how things are going, and if we don't hear back from you in a week after sending out the pm we will be trying to contact you via your phone number. Communication, communication, communication please. I cant stress this rule enough. If you have a problem let us know; in this day and age there is no excuse for you not to be able to contact one of us.

Here's Joe Jacobsen's phone number in case your computer crashes and you cant borrow a neighbor's/friend's/relative's computer to check in and let me know, or you can't get to a local library to get on a computer. The # is (801) 661 3238. PLEASE WRITE THIS NUMBER DOWN NOW! If after all this and you don't respond back we will tell your builder to not send it until we hear back from you.

If for any reason you are completely unable to find a computer at a friend's, neighbors', library, etc, call Joe Jacobson's or Brad Miller's provided numbers!

The trade is open internationally but you must comply with rule #4.

Once all the names are compiled they will be sent to [who's gonna do the deed?] and [they] will draw the names for us and send you a pm with the person and his or her stats and address  you are supposed to build and send a bow to. DO NOT CONTACT THIS PERSON. Remember its a secret, you don't want to ruin the surprise.

Don't be a procrastinator! You do indeed have months to finish a single bow but that just means there's no reason to ship on the last day!

Primitive Archer is not responsible for any of this trade, they are allowing us to use their site for this trade.

LETS HAVE A GREAT TRADE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The in-list:
(27)
huisme
tatoo dave
J05H
Blaflair2
JonW
Tyke
jeffp51
Blob
Steelslinger
pincushin
Bubbles
JoJoDapyro
wizardgoat
E. Jensen
Drewster
steve b.
duke3192
Wildkatt
Guar
NeolithicMan
lebhuntfish
mikekeswick
Mo_coon-catcher
hunterbob
bushboy
Auggie
Renacs
« Last Edit: February 02, 2015, 07:14:06 pm by 2015bowtrade »

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
Re: 2015 Primitive Archer bow trade signups
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:50:55 pm »
I'm in!

Right handed
45~50#@26"
US shipping only

Don't feel obligated to make me a molle ;D
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline Tyke

« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2015, 09:33:31 pm »
Im in
Right handed
45-60#@30"
Us. And canada shipping
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:45:30 am by Tyke »
why buy it when you can build it

Offline J05H

« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2015, 09:48:22 pm »
I'm in.

Rh, 45-55# @  28-29"
US. Shipping only

Thanks for running this guys. I'm just finishing up with the Christmas Trade and I expect this one to be much bigger. I just want to let you know I appreciate your effort.
If you never have time to do it right, you'll always have time to do it over.

Offline JonW

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2015, 10:20:18 pm »
Do It..........

RH
any weight any draw
US only

Offline Accipiter

« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2015, 10:27:38 pm »
I'd like to be included on this one, finally feeling like my tillering skills are up to the task.

Right handed
45-55# @ 26-27"
US shipping only

-Bridger

Offline 2015bowtrade

« Reply #6 on: January 20, 2015, 10:38:32 pm »
Tyke, remember to send me your info!

Offline Tyke

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 11:57:33 pm »
Sent it. Sorry  :o
why buy it when you can build it

Offline Drewster

« Reply #8 on: January 21, 2015, 12:33:34 am »
I'm in for sure.

Right handed

30" DL

45-55# @ 30"

I have XL hands so please make the grip 4 1/2".

US shipping preferred.
Drew - Boone, NC

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #9 on: January 21, 2015, 12:38:03 am »
Okay count me in.
Right handed, 50-60# @29-30"  (as I measure it, 29.5" but I could be a little off)
US shipping only (sorry mike)

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #10 on: January 21, 2015, 01:01:51 am »
I'd be in but it doesn't look like anyone wants to mail one to their friendly neighbours of the North!

Offline jayman448

« Reply #11 on: January 21, 2015, 01:20:26 am »
well.. cant wait till next year i guess. lol

Offline jeffp51

« Reply #12 on: January 21, 2015, 01:23:28 am »
I'd be in but it doesn't look like anyone wants to mail one to their friendly neighbours of the North!
is there a big charge for shipping north?  I don't usually think of Canada as being foreign.  I can't afford to ship to England or Europe, but I have no idea about Canada, and I suspect others were thinking the same as I.

Offline bushboy

« Reply #13 on: January 21, 2015, 02:04:53 am »
Iv'e shipped to central newyork state and kansas.both were shipped in a 3" plumping tube about 65" long and it ran me about 50 some bucks each time.my bud danny shipped me two very meaty osage staves(8lbs) from Kansas to manitoba and it was around 68$ fyi.
Some like motorboats,I like kayaks,some like guns,I like bows,but not the wheelie type.

mikekeswick

« Reply #14 on: January 21, 2015, 03:18:09 am »
I'm in.
45 - 55#
Left handed
27 inch draw. No arrow shelf please  ;)
I'll ship anywhere but would prefer it if the recipient was happy with a take down..... I've got a whole range of super nice billets  ;)

« Last Edit: January 22, 2015, 02:59:10 am by mikekeswick »