Author Topic: ever heard of oral thrush?  (Read 5514 times)

Offline beartail

ever heard of oral thrush?
« on: January 20, 2015, 08:10:10 pm »
was wondering if any of you guys ever heard of this tormenting condition and know of any way to ease and get rid of this thing.maby someone here can help me for I am In agony! I have had it for about 4 or 5 months.the doc gave me a mouthwash for it but that didn't even ease it more les get rid of it. maby some of you ole timers heard there grandma tell of a ol time way that works.

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
Re: ever heard of oral thrush?
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2015, 08:13:23 pm »
I thought I remember that yogurt helps?
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline Pappy

• Global Moderator
  • if you have to ask you wouldn't understand ,Tenn.
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2015, 04:29:20 am »
I had it once but the super mouth wash the doc gave me[not sure the name but will see if I can fined out] cleared it up pretty quick, you are right it is awful to deal with. :(
   Pappy
Clarksville,Tennessee
TwinOaks Bowhunters
Life is Good

Offline JEB

« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2015, 08:55:27 am »
Wife (nurse for 43 years) says it can be caused by taking antibiotics and you need to see your doctor for a prescription to rid yourself of the  thrush.

Offline bobbykelley

« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2015, 11:08:15 am »
My son just had oral thrush a few months ago. We tried everything. Went to the doctor and got the mouthwash and it didn't work. So my wife looked it up online and came across to mix vinegar and water (1 p vinegar 2 p water) and wash your mouth out with it. My son said it hurt but by the next day you could see that it was clearing up. By a week it was gone. Take it for what its worth but I know if it ever happens again that's the first thing will try.
I make mistakes but I learn.

Offline Eric Krewson

« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2015, 11:23:05 am »
I may have the same thing and have had it for over two years. I have been treated for everything under the sun and still have it. I have had my teeth dulled , 4 different month long treatments for yeast, 1 treatment for possible herpes, been to a Dr, dentist, oral surgeon,  a center for infective diseases and everyone just through up their hands and said " I don't know". I have been referred to an oral pathologist outside Louisville  Ky for my next stop.

The bad thing is I am starting to think about mingling with the ladies again after my wife's passing a year and a half ago and can't because of my mouth condition.

There is one thing that will knock out any yeast infection, potassium sorbate, you can get it at wine making suppliers, wine makers use it for stopping fermentation in wine. It is also in bread to retard spoilage. One tablespoon in a cup of distilled water. If you have jock itch that is persistent, daub this stuff on with a cotton ball and your infection will be gone in a day or so. Keep treating for a couple weeks after symptoms disappear. I jumped through the same hoops with a genital yeast infection and cured it myself with potassium sorbate after being circumcised and going through a bunch of treatments from various doctors.

I made a batch , cut off a Dixie cup, put a few tablespoons of my mix in the cup and stuck my tongue in it for as long as I could stand it, then spit it out and rinsed my mouth.. I repeated this treatment 3 times a day with no relief so I am pretty sure I don't have a yeast infection.

The next step up is called oral inflammatory disease, Google this term for some scary information. 
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 11:34:53 am by Eric Krewson »

Offline YosemiteBen

« Reply #6 on: January 21, 2015, 12:05:48 pm »
My wife got it years ago. She went and got antibiotics from the ENT.

Offline beartail

« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2015, 07:46:40 am »
gonna try the vinegar and water thing next time I get to the store to get some vinegar.this thing sucks! I cant eat or drink.everything I put in my mouth is like I ate a hobinero pepper! and this has been going on like I said for months.thanks to all for your advice and I hope the ones like me get better! I wouldn't wish this on my worst enemy!

Offline sleek

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2015, 01:52:53 pm »
Try sucking on a garlic clove or soaking minced garlic in water for a few hours and sipping and swishing it. It cures my strep throat when I get it because its a powerful anti viral. I know thrush is yeast and a bacteria, but I have never seen garlic expire due to yeast so perhaps it resists it well?
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline sleek

« Reply #9 on: January 22, 2015, 01:57:05 pm »
After a brief search I see it cures vaginal yeast infections well. So yup, garlic should cure your thrush. It killed my strep in 3 days, most pain gone in the first day. Hope it works fast and well for you.
Tread softly and carry a bent stick.

Dont seek your happiness through the approval of others

Offline madcrow

• Swift, Silent, and covered in wood shavings.
« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2015, 10:05:50 pm »
look for goldenseal liquid extract.  Rinse with a few drops in some water three times a day

Offline wildman

« Reply #11 on: January 24, 2015, 10:34:39 pm »
If goldenseal works , I am sure I have a bag or two of raw root somewhere I dug this past year you are welcome to.
" Society your crazy greed , hope your not lonely without me"

-Eddie Vedder-

Offline caveman2533

• Steve Nissly
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2015, 11:56:40 pm »
It sounds to me that your body's Ph and gut bacteria are off. I would look into eating live culture yogurt, Kimchee, and water kefir.

Offline RyanY

« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2015, 01:03:22 am »
Oral thrush is a fungal infection of the mouth. If the mouth wash that was prescribed to you isn't working there may be an oral antifungal that could be more effective. I can't speak to the home remedies but I'd talk with your doctor to ask how long the mouthwash takes to work. These things don't go away over night most of the time.

Offline Blob

« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2015, 12:18:37 pm »
My wife had it pretty bad a few years ago.  After we found out what it was from a trip to the ER, we did some research and she was able to clear it up in 2-3 weeks rinsing her mouth with Tea Tree oil.