Author Topic: 2015 bow trade?  (Read 6195 times)

Online JW_Halverson

Re: 2015 bow trade?
« Reply #15 on: January 19, 2015, 10:48:33 pm »
Sure
Guns have triggers. Bicycles have wheels. Trees and bows have wooden limbs.

Offline huisme

• I'm Marc, but not that Marc.
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2015, 10:59:51 pm »
Alright, the account is up for approval, thank you :D

Here's the draft. We'll need to have a better idea of what's going on before it's all filled out. Thoughts?

Welcome to the 2015 Primitive Archer Bow Trade

PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES AND REGULATIONS FIRST BEFORE SIGNING UP!

[officiator info]

If anyone has any questions please ask here and do not send us PM's, one of us will answer your question. The members will be watching the sign up very thoroughly.

Deadline to sign up will be [date/time] at midnight est.

Deadline to ship will be by August 15th

PLEASE READ THE RULES THOROUGHLY...AND MAKE SURE YOU UNDERSTAND THEM BEFORE SIGNING UP!!!!!!

RULE #1: You must have been a member of this site for at least 3 months. This is only trying to ensure that we have a basic idea and understanding of who folks are that are trying to sign up,and if they are someone who will only ship a bow that has an acceptable tiller,and most importantly are they someone who will fulfill there vow to the relationship of this community. I will make one exception to this rule,and that is if you feel like you have made proven bows and trades. For example if you just signed up to primitive archer but have been making bows for awhile before signing up,or if you were involved with the trade over on trad gang and just signed up here because you want to do this trade as well. Feel free to speak up in this thread if you feel like you would want to join but haven't been a member for 3 months,and the committee will discuss and vote on it.

RULE #2: During the sign up if a member doesn't know much about you,it will be brought to my attention and discussed. If for some reason we feel like we need more answers to know who you are better, do not be offended if you get a pm from one of us wanting to know more about you. And please don't be offended if we feel like you are just not quite ready yet.

RULE #3: If you are under the age of 18 you must receive permission from your parents and your parents must contact [info, not sure if I can cover this :o ]

The next set of rules is how you will go about signing up.

RULE #4: First in this thread you will state that you are in..second state whether you are right handed or left handed..next you will give a draw weight within ten pounds....then you will state a draw length within 4"....and lastly you must state usa shipping only or if you are ok shipping out of the usa,or if you are in another country and where your comfortable to ship..this is a bow trade and you will receive what someone else makes for you...don't ask for a specific bow...or any other specifics as to what you want or don't want on a bow. Remember this is about you making a bow for someone else first,and not just to receive a bow.

For example: Im in. Right handed, 50-60 pounds, 24-28", US shipping only.

Then you must comply with the next rule(#5)

RULE #5: YOU MUST COMPLETE THIS STEP IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE. You must send 2015bowtrade a pm with your legal real name, your address where you want the bow sent, and your phone number. This information will be held confidentially on a spreadsheet created by [one of us]. If [one of us] does not receive all of this required information your name will not be going into the drawing of names and you will not be a part of this years trade.

For example:

John Smith

111 smith st

Smithville, Pa

my phone # is 111-111-1111

RULE #6: If for some reason you receive a bow but for some legitimate reason cannot send one out you must contact me and I will tell you to send it on to the person you're supposed to make and send a bow too. If you do not send the bow you received to your recipient you will be banned from any other future trades [and your name will be going into Eddie Parkers(mullet) blackbook?], and trust me you do not want to be put in his book. Communication goes a long ways; just let us know if you are having life issues or problems with your build and we will work with you. We want to help you and that's what the committee is here for.

RULE #7: You must check in occasionally on the "2015 PA Bow Trade Works In Progress" thread. Even if you're not building one yet please check in. I will post a name of all the names in this years trade at the start of the works in progress thread. If any of us see you haven't checked in for awhile don't be surprised if you get a pm from one of us asking you how things are going, and if we don't hear back from you in a week after sending out the pm we will be trying to contact you via your phone number. Communication, communication, communication please. I cant stress this rule enough. If you have a problem let us know; in this day and age there is no excuse for you not to be able to contact one of us.

Here's [someone's] phone number in case your computer crashes and you cant borrow a neighbor's/friend's/relative's computer to check in and let me know, or you can't get to a local library to get on a computer. The # is [who's gonna take this?]. PLEASE WRITE THIS NUMBER DOWN NOW! If after all this and you don't respond back [they] will tell your builder to not send it until we hear back from you.

The trade is open internationally but you must comply with rule #4.

Once all the names are compiled they will be sent to [who's gonna do the deed?] and [they] will draw the names for us and send you a pm with the person and his or her stats and address  you are supposed to build and send a bow to. DO NOT CONTACT THIS PERSON. Remember its a secret, you don't want to ruin the surprise.

And don't be a procrastinator. I know we have six months to build a bow, but don't let that give you a false sense of security. Get started right away!

Primitive Archer is not responsible for any of this trade, they are allowing us to use their site for this trade.

LETS HAVE A GREAT TRADE THIS YEAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :)  :)  :)  :)  :)
50#@26"
Black locust. Black locust everywhere.
Mollegabets all day long.
Might as well make them short, save some wood to keep warm.

Offline Blaflair2

« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2015, 11:14:08 pm »
Looks good, I want in. I'll be waiting for the go
Nothing ventured nothing gained

Offline JoJoDapyro

• Subscription Number PM109294
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2015, 11:59:42 pm »
If there is an opening for helping out in the trade I am willing. I do not feel like I am ready this year, but would still like to show my appreciation for it any way I can.

Joe
If you always do what you always did you'll always get what you always got.
27 inch draw, right handed. Bow building and Knapping.

Offline huisme

« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2015, 12:45:44 am »
Jojo, sounds good to me. Hope Steel still feels like helping when he gets back ;D

I'm thinking we should also call for members willing to make bows for people who's builders can't make it. I think I could do one, but if I remember right there were something like five people needing bows at some point last year?
50#@26"

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2015, 01:24:20 am »
the rules all look good, if it were me id add one thing to rule #1. i feel like anyone entering should have at least 1 bow they've shared under their belt.
this would be my first time in the bow trade, in the past have there been many scammers?

Offline huisme

« Reply #21 on: January 20, 2015, 01:35:02 am »
Shared as in posted, right? I think that makes good sense, it at least gives us an idea what they're capable of.

I haven't heard of many. There were around four I think two or three years ago? It was the first trade I watched, didn't participate.
50#@26"

mikekeswick

« Reply #22 on: January 20, 2015, 02:00:17 am »
If you get someone who is willing to ship to England - I'll be in

Offline wizardgoat

« Reply #23 on: January 20, 2015, 02:22:35 am »
ya, shared as in posted. I think it would be a good way to weed out scammers.

Offline steve b.

« Reply #24 on: January 20, 2015, 03:09:21 am »
mikekeswick, PM

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2015, 10:56:55 am »
My only concern with running this trade is that we are coming into the busy season at work. I don't think I can commit to "running" the trade but I am sure that I can help out.  Huisme if you are willing to run it that would be great. Send me a pm of what you would like me to do to help out and we will get this party started.

Offline bubby

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2015, 11:19:30 am »
Wizardgoat unfortunately there are people every year in the trade that don't send a bow or are tremendously late
failure is an option, everyone fails, it's how you handle it that matters.
The few the proud the 27🏹

Offline bubbles

• PM110769
« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2015, 11:23:20 am »
I'd be up for it again. 

Offline wildkatt

« Reply #28 on: January 20, 2015, 11:28:54 am »
 >:D IM in as always lol >:D

Katt
I didnt claw my way to the top of the food chain to eat vegies

Offline steelslinger

« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2015, 11:45:56 am »
I would like to be in also, but I'm not sure how that works out when you are helping to run it.