Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

a poor attempt ( now with fd curve )

<< < (4/5) > >>

Badger:
  It might benefit some and then again it might take more set. More set is almost a certainty.

sleek:
Guess I will leave it be then. Gadda get my chono out... and a grain scale. Mine broke.

redhawk55:
Anyway this bow is more than a poor attempt.
Give this design another trial!
Michael

sleek:
Seems im only storing 86.8% of full draw energy here. I need way more than that to get near to Steve's bow. Perhaps if I drop the draw weight some, and rake advantage of the reduced stress on the wood to add more reflex for higher early draw weight?  I may make one more of these bows but not untill I have learned all this one can offer me.

On this bow I have only the middle third working. The limbs are elliptic shaped ( think narrow paddle bow? ) and only bend in the fattest area. The working section on each limb is 15" long on each limb. I have 7" stiff tips, bow limb width is 1.25" at its widest with a long handle fade area 20" long.

Next one I would build, so far, I would only make a wider limb to allow for more reflex and less set. Id keep everything else the same. Should I?

Badger:
 Sllek, I don't think you have enough wood to do that, you would need about 5" reflex and need to have all the bend right out of the handle. Take advantage of the nice clean lines you have and just thin down the tips, that bow should shoot very well if the wood is dry.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version