Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

a poor attempt ( now with fd curve )

<< < (3/5) > >>

sleek:
How much can hysteresis affect performance? Can it be enough to over come the benefits of added string tension?  How do we measure hysteresis?

sleek:
Ok, I went back over my recurves with heat. I didnt add any more reflex, but put back what I lost with extra heat this time. My weight went up 4# to 44#@26. I also ploted the fd curve out to 26" of draw. Starting at 9 and going to 26" in pounds its 6, 10, 12, 14, 16.5, 18.5, 21, 23, 25, 27, 29, 30.5, 32, 34, 36.5, 38, 42, 44.

Now.... what do I do with this information?  Specifically to calculate stored energy and efficiency?

sleek:
Im looking around this and thinking, wow, thats very linear. Probably not that geat a draw curve. I need more pre loading in the early draw. Need to get my string tension up.

Badger:
 Sleek, to get all your numbers you have to shoot it through a chrono. You never know about hysterisis until you actually shoot it. Your bow is storing slightly less than 40# of energy at 26" which is not too bad for a 26" draw.

sleek:
Would the bow benefit from another two inches of draw? Or should I leave it be? You mentioned a sweet spot before and I dont know how you quantify that?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version