Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

a poor attempt ( now with fd curve )

(1/5) > >>

sleek:

As I said, a poor attempt at the E.R.M.B.R. extended riser mid limb bending recurve bow badger built. I deflexed the fades ( I did my best to keep them from bending. Find out soon. And didnt recurve the limb quite as much because I dont have a wide enough stave. Its 1 1/4 wide at its widest. I went narrow out the handle getting wider towards the outter third then brought it back in. The mid and outter third is where the bending is happening with the last 7 inches of tips stiff. The bow is propeller shapped if you can visualize it. Shooting for 45#@28. Probably going to get a broken bow, never tried this before.

sleek:

Crap pic I know but here is the profile.

sleek:

At 26" here, my comfy draw length. Pulling a dead even 40#. Bottom limb wants heat out the fade there.

sleek:
Well it shoots. Im getting a small amout of handshock, gonna look into that. I still need that bottom fade addressed,  more heat I hope will help. Also, before first brace I traced the outline of the bow on a 2x4. After 10 shots I unbraced and laid it back on the outline. All the set is in the outter limb, 12 inches from the tip. No set in the fade or inner third. Going to go back and reflex the outter limb again to get the profile back and hit it with more heat to harden the wood into shape. First time I didnt use any more heat than needed to bend the curves in. This time im gonna cook it.

Badger:
  Sleek, have you got an unbraced profile shot?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version