Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (2/39) > >>

willie:
Badger-

I was thinking more of posting on the internet, the results of local shooting, rather than shipping bows around the world for others to shoot.

Does modern technology and connectivity offer new possibilities to document local shooting?
video? gps?
willie

Badger:
  For weight classes I would like to see a 35#, 50#, 65#, 80# and unlimited #.

For classes I would like to see a simple self or laminated with the only limitation on handles in the shelf area at about 2".

Styles contact recurves, r/d longbows, straight style long bows. and an open class where anything goes. Limit the reflex on straight style bows to 1".

English longbows ( have the elb guys write the rules here)

War bows, ( war bow guys write the rules)

Broadhead shooting, no weight classes just shoot at 9 or 10 grains per pound. Or maybe up to 60#, 90# and unlimited but still shooting 10 grains per pound.

Write a strict easy to understand protocal for measuring and weighing bows, measuring distances, controlling the flight line etc.

Write a protocal to qualify and establish officials that could put on flight shoots anywhere in the world.

Just suggestions on my part, everything is open to discussion.

Badger:

--- Quote from: Badger on January 02, 2015, 01:34:46 pm ---  For weight classes I would like to see a 35#, 50#, 65#, 80# and unlimited #.

For classes I would like to see a simple self or laminated with the only limitation on handles in the shelf area at about 2".

Styles contact recurves, r/d longbows, straight style long bows. and an open class where anything goes. Limit the reflex on straight style bows to 1".

English longbows ( have the elb guys write the rules here)

War bows, ( war bow guys write the rules)

Broadhead shooting, no weight classes just shoot at 9 or 10 grains per pound. Or maybe up to 60#, 90# and unlimited but still shooting 10 grains per pound.

Write a strict easy to understand protocal for measuring and weighing bows, measuring distances, controlling the flight line etc.

Write a protocal to qualify and establish officials that could put on flight shoots anywhere in the world.

Just suggestions on my part, everything is open to discussion.

--- End quote ---

Willie, if we set up some basic standards to adhere to shoots could be held anywhere and greatly reduce the need to ship. We would have to have at least 2 officials at every shoot to give the organization some integrity, and it would be best if they weren't buddies.

sleek:
Id love to participate.  Perhaps a membership fee that would cover the travel of judges to location if none are close by?

Oh, and you must shoot 90 degrees to the wind.

Badger:
  Sleek, anything you do has some costs involved. If a club wanted to sponsor some officials to fly to where they are that would be up to them. Putting together a uniform filight station would not be real expensive but a small entry fee would proably need to be charged to cover that. Maybe the same kind of fees you see at a 3-d shoot would work ok.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version