Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (37/39) > >>

Lukasz Nawalny:
In new federation/club will be not such class like modern asiatic, modern longbow etc, only primitive ? I dont like rule USA flight carbon arrows for modern asiatic. Modern asiatic is still maybe not primitive but traditional form of bow. Modern material in bows and bowstring dont give big advantage but carbon arrow ruin all. It looks for me - who can spend more money on better arrows make better shoot. X10 olimpic shafts cost a lot and 5,5 mm diameter with huge stiffnes its more what we can do from wood

Jules:
There will be a 'true' flight division and a traditional division (with different set bow types). Both will only be allowed to use natural materials.

avcase:
The shoots I listed cater to both primitive and modern material events.  The primitive specific divisions have enjoyed relatively high participation, but there's always room for more! I hope this new primitive forum and any new organizations that promote primitive flight helps raise the level of interest and competition in this sport.

The Modern Asiatic division is a new addition and caters to those who shoot "horse bows" and thumb-draw target type equipment using modern materials. The decision to allow carbon arrows was put in because many people who shoot those events shoot carbon arrows and wanted them included.

All natural material horn bows and wood bows are shot in the primitive divisions and I'd love to see more people give it a try. 

Alan

redhawk55:
Why not doing it as easy as in Poland?
Go here: http://www.primitivearcher.com/smf/index.php/topic,52178.0.html

One class fits all!

Michael

Badger:
     It does look easy, if a need ever arose to rewrite the official rules I am sure they would respond in time. Just skip the traditional classes altogether and go straight flight shooting. The trad classes seem to confuse a lot of people anyway. I actually prefer what I had hoped to become a trad class over regular flight but not enough nterest to really bother with it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version