Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (32/39) > >>

Badger:
   Steel tape is what we have agreed on here as well. Will your venue be primitive only? 100 archers shooting 5 rounds each would be challenging. Making good use of volunteers and training enough officials to officiate such a match could make it very doable.

Lukasz Nawalny:
Not only primitive, modern asiatic and modern flatbows too but no recurve, modern flightbows etc, only traditional bows

Badger:
  Do you have any specific rules for classes or does everyone just shoot against one another?

Badger:
    I think it is really important to do our best to get this traditional aspect right. In the current organization most all recurve and longbow classes shoot the very light flight arrows. In my view this makes little sense as a successful world record holder would have an incentive to modify his design to more closely resemble a regular flight bow. It is like taking a 747 passenger jet and having contests to see how it could operate as a fighter jet.
I think it was poorly thought out at the start but still makes for good sport inspite of this.

Regular flight bows have it right, they are doing as they are intended. Using every trick in the book to get more yardage. Tradtional flight might do well to operate on the fringes of how they were intended to operate for the sake of more impressive distances. I was really hoping for more input here as I am struggling a bit with the traditional aspect. Also it occured to me that sister clubs shooting modern bows also might invite us or we invite them to increase participation. Very important for us to get this right. If we do get it right it will be around for many years to come and serve as an important and well recieved aspect of archery.

Buckeye Guy:
Steve
I think that I hear your pain of getting this right , but not sure how you can gather enough folks together that understand all that is going on to get you the answers
there just are not many of us Primitives that have experienced flight archery enough to have decent questions let alone answers
I know I have not
I do however see what you are wanting to accomplish and have confidence you will get this going in a just the right way so that the rest of us can join in and have fun doing it!!

so all my responses are aimed at trying to spark thought for you not as thinking that I know much just as trying to help you

Can you set a minimum arrow weight for each draw weight to simplify things rather than a grains per pound?

Can we shoot against each other for the friendly competition aspect and only measure the few truly long shots  to check for records ?

Keep up the good work

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version