Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (28/39) > >>

Jules:
On the matter of strings. I know the EWBS encourages the usage of natural strings in it's 'Welsh class' by simply adding a distance bonus (20 yards if i'm not mistaken) for people who use these strings. Not ideal I think, but just trowing it out there :)

Badger:
  Jules in the present broadhead class we have the modern longbows use modern strings and the primitive longbows use natural strings. The primtitive bows shoot 500 grain arrows and the modern bows shoot 550 grain arrows. It does tend to make them a bit more even.

Dan Perry:
I found you guys! Sorry I don't have time to read through the thread tonight, but something to think about:

A real problem with flight archery is weighing in all of the classes. If I were to give some advice, it would be..... Don't have too many weight classes. It can kill the sport.

Find a simple, safe way of weighing in bows. A simple way of measuring distance. Simple is good.

Sorry again for the hit and run.

I'll be back.

Dan Perry

Badger:
  Dan, glad yu showed up. I think throwing in two additional weight classes wont be a big deal considering we are dropping all the modern classes and going primitive all the way here. I really like the 35# class, working with wood it opens up a lot of opportunities for design.

Buckeye Guy:
Good to see ya join in Dan !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version