Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (26/39) > >>

Del the cat:
You are welcomed to take any pics from my blog. A search for flight arrows will produce some results.
This post may be of interest too.
BTW... I don't claim to be at all experienced at flight shooting, or matching arrows to bows.
http://bowyersdiary.blogspot.co.uk/2014/05/curved-profile-feather-shaper.html
Del

Marc St Louis:
Here's 3 pictures that someone sent me, don't remember who, of Steve shooting one of my bows.  This is from early 2000, don't quite remember the date but I'm sure Steve does

Badger:
  Michael, I have a video but it is long and unedited. I have no clue how to edit.

Kviljo:
It would be great if the primitive set of rules was adopted by Fita as well. (then I would not have to travel to the other side of the planet to compete) In general I think that building on the existing rules is the best idea. - or even just putting our energy into the events that already exist.

As to the strings, perhaps it could be allowed to compete with a synthetic string if it had a certain number of strands or was of a certain diameter - say at least so that it would weigh 50% more than a good linnen string. Then there would be nothing to gain, but also no bows to be lost due to string breakage. I'm one of those who fear the natural strings. On the other hand, I could just make a very thick and strong linnen string for my bows...

adb:

--- Quote from: Kviljo on February 05, 2015, 05:34:47 pm ---It would be great if the primitive set of rules was adopted by Fita as well. (then I would not have to travel to the other side of the planet to compete) In general I think that building on the existing rules is the best idea. - or even just putting our energy into the events that already exist.

As to the strings, perhaps it could be allowed to compete with a synthetic string if it had a certain number of strands or was of a certain diameter - say at least so that it would weigh 50% more than a good linnen string. Then there would be nothing to gain, but also no bows to be lost due to string breakage. I'm one of those who fear the natural strings. On the other hand, I could just make a very thick and strong linnen string for my bows...

--- End quote ---

Now that's the best thing I've heard on strings so far! Allow any string material, but have some sort of bonus (lower string weight, or less strands)) if you use a natural fiber string. I also fear natural fiber strings, and would likely be uninterested if I had to use them.

If I couldn't shoot my warbows without FF strings, I wouldn't do it. If the warbow society shoots required natural fiber strings, I wouldn't be involved.

The flip side of that coin would be to standardize all strings for all classes of bows. All bows must use FF, and then specify either minimum string weight or number of strands.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version