Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (24/39) > >>

Badger:
  Thats my thinking Mark. Mike Bitts has started another dedicated forum to run this orgainzation from. Once we get some basic rules layed out I think we are going to vote on the items of contention. I don't think we have a voting committee firmly established yet.

Badger:
  One thing we haven't discussed yet is that if we go ahead with the traditional classes as planned I suggested 8grains per pound arrow weight.
This could go anywhere from say 7 grains to 11 grains. 11 grains would allow for a shorter flight field, 7 grains would give more impressive distances which might be more motivating. A 7 grain per pound field might have to go out to 300 yards while an 11 grain per pound field could be maybe 230 yards long.

Marc St Louis:
Getting people interested and participating should be the primary goal and you won't get that if you place too many restriction.  The option of shooting another round with the proper equipment should be allowed.  That way if someone happens to have a phenomenal shoot with say the wrong string type then they can switch their string to conform with accepted rules and try again for an acknowledged  distance that can be submitted for a world record.

Badger:
       Thats a good sugestion Mark.

redhawk55:
I found Jules post very thinkable, easy to understand. The rules defined by our starting point.

"f you keep the rules pretty well much the same as what FITA has already then what would be the point of creating another flight shooting organization?"
Marc, the main problem seems to be the question: when and why is a record a record?

"Getting people interested and participating should be the primary goal and you won't get that if you place too many restriction.  The option of shooting another round with the proper equipment should be allowed.  That way if someone happens to have a phenomenal shoot with say the wrong string type then they can switch their string to conform with accepted rules and try again for an acknowledged  distance that can be submitted for a world record."
And what could we do for to incite more people to primitive flightarchery.

I still need more pics and videos for the site!!!!

I would like to add well known flight- archers and flight- bowyers to the history part of the site: whom should I dedinitely mention?

Michael

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version