Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

<< < (3/39) > >>

willie:
sounds like fun

if the two local officials had a fairly simple job about how to measure and document the shots, I could imagine smaller clubs having shoots, and more folks getting interested
sometimes target shooting get boring

Del the cat:
Sounds like a great idea to me.
There isn't any primitive flight shooting in the UK but I'd love to be able to post internet results. I expect I could probably find a witness to verify my results (but I'm sure you'd all trust me anyway  O:) ! )
I'm not interested in trying to claim records, but I's love to see how I fare against other similar bows and to see the bows.
BTW. I'd suggest man made strings are allowed for reliability.... but I can use linen if necessary.
Del
(First rule of Flight Club... there is no Flight Club ;) :laugh:)

Badger:
  Del, I feel as you do about the strings but I would go with the majority of whatever committee we form. ELB presently use modern strings. Too skinny of a string can cut into a bow so maybe we could come up with a modern string is ok but must be a certain weight per inch or diameter. We could still keep them on the small side but not like banjo strings. Mark Hill, lives in England and if the two of you or some other ELB builder just took the time to study up on the rules you could both become officials.

Badger:
     I would be that in a very few years maybe 3 all existing primitive records would be taken if we had guys all over the world shooting for them. Once the record setting trend leveled off I would imagine a little less open sharing of methods would start to play in.

Del the cat:

--- Quote from: Badger on January 03, 2015, 12:13:39 pm ---     I would be that in a very few years maybe 3 all existing primitive records would be taken if we had guys all over the world shooting for them. Once the record setting trend leveled off I would imagine a little less open sharing of methods would start to play in.

--- End quote ---
That could be so, but I'd view it more as a community, where we could see what others were ahieving. At the moment, there are people dotted around the globe doing their own thing.
Maybe "records" would need to be ratified. After all there would be a lot of variables and inaccuracy. Wind, slope, measuring direct arrow to the shoot position (much simpler) rather than parallel to the shoot line, measurement method etc.
Hopefully the spirit of primitive archery would remain.
I'm keen to even see some basic info. Wood, poundage, draw length, bow style distance.
It would be a good way to help identify like minded individuals in the same area and then maybe get a meet organised.
Full disclosure of what one does and how is always down to the individual. I don't have many qualms about showing what I do as the 'messers' and flybynights won't have the understanding or patience any way. The real enthusiasts will want to experiment and try their own twist on things, they'll take what works for them and try to push it further.
Del

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version