Main Discussion Area > Flight Bows

Founding a new worldwide Primitive flightbow federation?

(1/39) > >>

redhawk55:
Reading the topic flight warbow I found it again very delicious to see all the rules and regulations clearly. When, where and why is a record a record? Many of the regulations seem not to be up to date.
Steve Gardner and me have discussed the foundation of the " INTERNATIONAL PRIMITIVE FLIGHT BOW CLUB". This term was Steve's idea, I like it, even it sounds a bit old fashioned.
I would propose the rules to be very clear and simple as follows:

Selfbow up to 50lbs        ( made of one piece of wood or limbs made of wood only and handle added)
Selfbow 50lbs plus         ( made of one piece of wood or limbs made of wood only and handle added))   

Composite up to 50lbs  (limbs made of natural materials as wood, bamboo, horn, sinew or other natural materials and handle added)
Composite 50lbs plus   ( limbs made of natural materials as wood, bamboo, horn, sinew or other natural materials and handle added)

I would propose to regulate the handles for the classes above too, cause handles of flightbows are often a controversial subject.?

Experimental class        (natural materials, no limits)

Strings                             (natural fibres only)

Arrows                            (wood, bamboo, natural fletches, tips of wood, bone, antler, metal).

I would like to set up the club's internet- performance. The site would tell about the history of flight- archery, the backgrounds, tournaments.
The site would include an area for to post new flightbows and flightarrows and to discuss them.

This post is thought to be a crude framework for the site.

Any ideas are very welcome!!!! Rules regulating the tournaments??

Michael

willie:
michael-

flight shooting seems interesting, but the travel involved to attend shoots probably dissuades a lot of guys from building the bows / arrows or work on the shooting skills.

Is there a plan for  "postal"  participation?
perhaps it is time to use the internet to replace the post office somehow

willie

Badger:
Willie, I would love to do that. Have a group of shooters go out and shoot the bows and arrows sent in. Credit would go to Builders of bows, arrows and archers respectively.

Badger:
  Michael, lets get on it. Why don't you and I and maybe a couple of others get together and start writing some official rules. Include the english long bows of course. Maybe even have a limit on elevation and wind speed. Lets recruit a few guys from the different classes involved and hash it out before the end of the month.

Lukasz Nawalny:
For me flightbow federation sounds better. It must be done, go ahead !

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version